Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Seeds

Originally posted by Pope
    Title: ?
    Era: Post TNG/Guest Appearance.
    Type: Starship Hunt

The Enterprise-E is stolen (shock, horror) and the PC's ship plays host to Picard et al in a massive hunt for the perps (probably Rommies or very well funded mercs). The trick is to play the "established" characters in such a way that they rub your crew the wrong way, and then give your crew the better clues so they end up saving the day.

I had this idea a while ago as an "intro" adventure that would be loads of fun as an investigative hunt. However it also makes a great "guest appearance" and in the end allows the PC's to believe they're just as good if not better than the "Enterprise" crew.
    *grins* I like that. I can't imagine introducing Riker into any of my gaming groups without him being found abrasive by at least half the crew. On a similar note, a series of adventures with "guest-starring" the crews of TNG, DS9, and VOY might be interesting: I wonder if we could craft an adventure around each of the major characters... anyone up for playing that challenge?

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Title: Holo Hell
    Era: Post VOY
    Setting: Ship Hunt

I got this idea while looking at the prometheus ship(I'm not fond of it, but I like it more than I used to). Since VOY return many more have been built as experimental ships, now one vanishes mysteriously near the Romulan Border. The crew's ship is sent on a rescue mission to find this very valuable craft.

They discover the ship inside a nebula, heading slowly towards the Romulan border. Inside the nebula the sensors cease to function but visual confirmation is possible. When they contact it the NPC crew responds and excuses themselves for having not reported back to SC. When the PC's beam aboard, everything seems ok and their failure to report to SC seems unusual.

What is actually happening is the original crew has replaced by holograms. The exact reason is up to the narrator; a Romulan attack? Holodeck goes nuts? or maybe an experiment gone wrong?

Either way, the holograms like what they've become and refuse to be deactivated when confronted with this information. Instead they wish to enter the RNZ and confront the Romulans on certain dubious charges.(coulb be anything as long as they cross the line)

It boils down to a confrontation with both ships and possibly the Romulans involved. This is obviously meant for a more militant crew and a good ship. You can either have a ship to ship combat OR a technobabble de-activation of the holodecks (they are photonic) .

PC's could take part in the ship battle or be on the Prometheus and duke it out with crazed holo crewmen. A virtual hell...
    Enjoy
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Title: Differnce of Opinion
    Era: TOS
    Setting: Planetary

In regards with the Organia treaty, Harridan's World is ready to decide if it wants to join either the UFP or he Klingon Empire. A team from both sides has been sent in to present their case.

But Harridan's Wolrd has an ancient secret, one which the Romulans don't want either side to learn about.

Can both sides come together to expose the Romulan Tal'Shiar agent and dsicvoer what the secret of Harridan's world really is?
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Title: Do you see what I see?
    Era: Pre-Dominion War, TNG/DS9 era
    Setting: Starship, near Neutral Zone

The Romulans contact the Federation and ask for help, and once the stun effect passes, the Federation sends the crew to help the Romulans look for a trading ship that has stolen something of value (make something up) from the Romulans, and is also, by happenstance, someone who has a criminal record in the Federation as well. They're playing it as a "clean up your own mess, then hand him over," since he entered Romulan space from Federation space in an area they claim to patrol and keep safe.

While the investigation is underway, some of the crew start to see someone, always vague and in shadows, asking for help. What's going on? The trader hasn't stolen something valuable, he stole someone valuable, a telepathic Romulan, someone the Romulans don't want out of their sphere of influence, and someone they're willing to kill if necessary. The crew need to uncover it, make contact, rescue the telepathic Romulan, and somehow decide if the criminal-trader should still be turned over to the Romulans, as they were asked and accepted in the original deal.

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

Ohhhh I like that one...I like that one very much.

But given the Romulans wouldnd't ask for help if they could aoid it, have the guy be in Federation space, and a "team: of Romulans sent to work on the PCs ship to fidn the "criminal".

Of course following their every move is a cloaked Warbird

Ohhhh...I have to bump something from season 2 to make room for this one now Yummy.

Thanks Mike!
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Originally posted by Captain Zymmer
    Ohhhh I like that one...I like that one very much.

But given the Romulans wouldnd't ask for help if they could aoid it, have the guy be in Federation space, and a "team: of Romulans sent to work on the PCs ship to fidn the "criminal".

Of course following their every move is a cloaked Warbird

Ohhhh...I have to bump something from season 2 to make room for this one now Yummy.

Thanks Mike!
    (in best Doctor Michael Barratt character london accent):
    Why do you Colonials insist on shortening names down to childish affectations?
    (end of said accent, and dropping out of character)

Danke. That's a very slimmed down version, with an alternate twist, of an adventure I did with Romulan psychic defectors. That went over really well with the group, end they ended up picking up a young Romulan telepath who stayed on board the ship from that point on. She's a favourite NPC Civvie.

Good call on putting the criminal/defector in the Fed space, though - just having the Romulans willing to come across the border should put the crew on "Yellow Alert" suspicious mode...

'Nathan / The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

Title: Pages
    Era: Any
    Setting: Any, though easiest on a Colony or Starbase setting where baddies come and go often and easily.

Someone is murdered, and the investigating crew have one major clue to go through: the individual was an avid writer, published holonovelist, and.. get this.. kept an interactive holographic diary. So the crew gets to walk through the victim's life diary: where they learn he was having an affair with a Klingon's wife, was blackmailing the local Ferengi, and might just have plaigerized his latest novel from a quiet, shy, unjoined Trill before dumping her for the Klingon's wife. Oh dear. Who killed the author? The Trill, the Klingon, or the Ferengi? Answer: the Klingon's wife - the author was going through round two of stealing a novel, hers, a romance set on Qonos.

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

I do my best sir.

I am curious as to what kind of mental power you gave the Romulan...Just projective telepahty, or was there more?
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Title: A wormhole ago...
    Era: Post-VOY
    Setting: Barzan wormhole, Barzans and crew's ship

After I ran my fourth season premiere I thought I'd put it up on the boards so other narrators could use it.

The Barzans have finally created wormhole stabilizing technology and have invited the Federation to see their new creation at work. The PC's ship is sent, a Klingon vessel and a Romulan vessel also arrive (each invited by the Barzans; who intend to sell it to the highest bidder).

The Barzan freighters fly about the wormhole shot some technobabble waves at it and it seems to stabilize. The opening on the other side is in unknown space and probes reveal very little information.

Suddenly a Borg Cube(yes a cube) exits the wormhole, heavily damaged and trailing debris. It fires on everyone outside, when the ships receive a proper trashing it suddenly stops tractors the Barzans and heads back.

Why they do this you ask? Well after Mrs.Janeway's actions the Borg aren't feeling to well and their arrival is purely accidental. The tech accidentally intercepted a transwarp conduit so it "fell out", the Borg do not know why but realize that the Barzans may know.

The PC's will realize that the Borg cannot be allowed to assimilate this tech so they must follow, maybe with some help from the Romulans and Klingons if they are still alive. Once on the other side, the Borg ship will stop for no reason.(They are again having trouble connecting to the hive). This gives the crew time to extract the tech, the Barzans and head back to their side to close the wormhole.

For those narrators who believe that the TNG Borg should be used, I recommend against it. It would be suicide for you PC crews. The only explanation you need to give on what the Borg drones are doing aboard the ship is that they stare blankly in front and sometimes move forward.(They get a busy signal back home and must do a technobabble redial )

Enjoy!
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Smile

If you are searching ideas for adventures,why don´t you take a look at the SFB scenarios?some of them are truly works of art(they almost seem more fit for a roleplaying game than for a strategy one).

Umm,and sorry for my english.I´m only good at reading it…

Originally posted by Captain Zymmer
    I do my best sir.

I am curious as to what kind of mental power you gave the Romulan...Just projective telepahty, or was there more?
    She was a projective and receptive telepath, and that's all, but she had a high PSI rating, and began with a Focus -2 and Range +2 - she had a lot of raw power, but no control. She was born on Romulus, after all, and had had no training.

Since then she's shown signs of Mind-Meld ability, empathic abilities, and keeps on growing. Methinks she'll eventually make some big mistakes from being too free with her power, and that'll pave the way to some introspective episodes.

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Michael Barratt
    Title: Pages
    Setting: Any, though easiest on a Colony or Starbase setting where baddies come and go often and easily.

Someone is murdered, and the investigating crew have one major clue to go through: the individual was an avid writer, published holonovelist, and.. get this.. kept an interactive holographic diary. So the crew gets to walk through the victim's life diary: where they learn he was having an affair with a Klingon's wife, was blackmailing the local Ferengi, and might just have plaigerized his latest novel from a quiet, shy, unjoined Trill before dumping her for the Klingon's wife. Oh dear. Who killed the author? The Trill, the Klingon, or the Ferengi? Answer: the Klingon's wife - the author was going through round two of stealing a novel, hers, a romance set on Qonos.

The Doc
    So the killer was Mrs Klingon in the mess hall with a batleth?

Originally posted by Perrryyy

So the killer was Mrs Klingon in the mess hall with a batleth?
    Thbbt!

Just for that, no Elaysian cameos on Copernicus! I kid. None are aboard.

But, yeah, basically.

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

Title: Duped.
    Setting: Any, tho a Starbase would likely work best

This one plays a little on the player's likely thinking the Narrator has ripped off an idea from Will/Tom Riker.

Have a transporter get hit by some wonky interference whilst someone with a Sworn Enemy is trying to transport. The original signal is lost, and a re-initialized signal occurs, and the beam-out works. Cries of Phew! all around. La de da.

About fifteen minutes later, duplicate beams in. Looks like the character, talks like the character, acts like the character, and says, "Phew, I can't believe I survived all that time in a transport buffer... why are you all staring at me like that?"

Now, as a bit of set up: make sure some ruffians in an earlier episode break into the Infirmary and steal an item or two. Just a segue moment, or as a plot device in an earlier episode: the break-in maybe distracted the crew from something they needed to pay attention to, or it was really bad timing, they need the supplies that were stolen, etc.

So, because of this break in - which allowed the Sworn Enemy to play with the medical scanners - the "duplicate" scans as the original character did, right down to brainwave patterns. In fact, since he was in the transport buffer from the beginning, he has a legal claim that he could very well be the "first/original." Eep. In reality, he's the sworn enemy, medically disguised, and with a little chip inside him that sends out a signal that confuses the previously hacked infirmary computers to spit out the same readings as the original crewman.

This gives the "duplicate" access to the crewman's life. Wreck it at will, including, of course, switching with the original, trying to screw up his career, etc etc etc. What would be hardest would be keeping up the appearance of the crewman's knowledge...

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,