Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Seeds

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lancer:
    Title: A Time for Exploration
    Series Type: Exploration or Space Station
    </font>
    I love this one Lancer, I WILL use it on my players!

Okay now on to one of my own...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Recommended Series Type: Starship, exploration based, any Era. Requires one Psionic character, if none are available amoungst PCs, then offer an NPC, but make them difficult to work with.

Description

While on routine patrol, the player's starship recieves an automated distress signal from the Federation Dilithium Mining station on Caleb VII.

Upon arriving they discover that the station is in ruins and none of the miners can be found. A short trip into the mines and they will discover the mining staff all dead, their body fluids crystalized.

As they search the for clues as to what happens, they discover (through the station foreman's logs) that recently the miners broke through into a rich crystal cavern that would provide them with years of mining oportunity...from there the logs degenerate into chaos.

Now some "red shirts" are gonna be needed, just so they can show us how the monster works. Said monster being the crystaline entities that were being "mined" for dilithium. Kill some NPCs...almost kill a major PC, with the Psionic there and then have contact made.

If you want to add a hitch, the station commander is still in the mine and quite insane. He could be out for revenge and really mess things up.

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Mac: That is a extremly awesome adventure seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind if I steal it

------------------
    Thats Cpt SIR SIG to you!

More then meets the eye,
    His a MapMaker in disguise.

If I said yes, would that stop you?

If I didn't want it stolen I'd never have posted it.

mactavish out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mactavish:
    If I said yes, would that stop you?

If I didn't want it stolen I'd never have posted it.

mactavish out.
    </font>
    Always pays to be nice

------------------
    Thats Cpt SIR SIG to you!

More then meets the eye,
    His a MapMaker in disguise.

Lightbulb

Title:The Hunt for the Cochrane
    Recommended Series Type: Defense/Stealth(VOY or after)
    Description:
    During the decomissioning of the Oberth-class starships, the Cochrane comes up for its retirement. Two captains propose a simulated exercise in a sector against an Akira-Class. The Oberth is to make it from one system to another, and simulate a "destruction of a base". The Akira's duty is to capture the Cochrane.
    Now the PC's could be on the Cochrane using their wit and skill, making due with technology which is over 50yrs old. Or they could be aboard the Akira trying to hunt down this Oberth, and trying not to be humiliated by this "relic".
    One of the PC's could be placed in charge, with cadets assigned to the ship as their "Final Examination". Picture a futuristic Hunt for Red October, very popular with my players, they absolutely loved it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Zymmer:
    I love this one Lancer, I WILL use it on my players!

Okay now on to one of my own...
    </font>
    Thank you for your kind words Captain Zymmer.

And it's crystal clear to me that I will inflict your wonderfull idea on my players!

------------------
    "To seek, to strive, to find and not to yield" - Alfred Tennyson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lancer:
    Thank you for your kind words Captain Zymmer.

And it's crystal clear to me that I will inflict your wonderfull idea on my players!
    </font>
    Indeed...any other ideas you have, please feel free to post'em up cause I will be happy to steal..I mean...uh...playtest them on my group.

I hope Crystal Clear works out for your group and I would love a post about how it goes and what choices you make for your running

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Zymmer:
    I hope Crystal Clear works out for your group and I would love a post about how it goes and what choices you make for your running
    </font>
    Sorry Captain, but you will have to wait a while for any feedback on how this adventure plays out with my group.
    We share the Narrator's job among us and I am in the middle of running one of my own adventures right now (a bit too long and complicated to post it as an adventure seed here). After that I look forward to a few months of playing my own character before I run Crystal Clear.

------------------
    "To seek, to strive, to find and not to yield" - Alfred Tennyson

Well I can wait to be sure, so whenever you do it (and whenever I run your idea) we should let each other know how they went and what changes we made, how our players enjoyed it, etc.

Let's keep the community alive

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

A society using living technology.
    The internal security system is a series of "clones" which are "programmed" to sniff out and eradicate anyone not perceived of as being part of the building's personnell.

During a tour, an infant is forgotten by the security agents and the system immediately goes into alert.

During the attack of the monstrous "clones" the parent of the infant is wounded and is no longer considered to be part of building personell (after all, he is partially disembowelled). Also, security, trying to stop the monster are now perceived as a threat force and are attacked.

The pc's are part of this tour during a diplomatic mission and must put their skills to the test to keep the system from going berserk.

(this was effectively my first episode of my series. when they beamed building samples to the ship, the building perceived this as a bigger threat and designated "space clones" to go after the ship. very much like the TNG episode, Arsenal of Freedom)

------------------
    Sit.
    Listen.
    Challenge.
    Learn.

Lightbulb

Title: A Clockwork Empire

Recommended Series Type: Exploration (Any era, use Iconians as godlike aliens if TNG, make up your own for TOS)

Description: A crossover between Star Trek, Space: 1889, and Deadlands

The characters come across a system with two class M planets. Neither one is a united world. The more advanced one has a level of technology and society like late 19th century Earth. They have begun "colonizing" (i.e. conquering) the more primitive planet.

The catch is, they shouldn't even have the technology to reach the other planet - their "Etheric Skyships" shouldn't work, nor should their Steampunk items of superscience. The crew tries to unravel what is going on. Slowly they learn that these clockwork steampunk devices are powered by Iconian artifacts and for the past century scientific advancement has been "guided" by a mysterious figure who hides in the shadows, providing funding and "guidance" to mad scientists, giving them the intuitive leaps they need to use the Iconian "GhostRock" (from Deadlands - like coal but burns hundreds of times longer and hotter and aids in odd superscience) for things like deflector shields, artificial gravity, etc., all within a 19th century context.

------------------
    U.S.S. Icarus

Title: The Men In Black

Recommended Series Type: Exploration, any era

Description: A Federation Runabout/science ship/etc. crashes into a world in the midst of a conflict resembling World War II. The "good guys" in the war are losing badly. But one of their scientists learns much from the starship - he doesn't understand all of it, but enough to begin research on developing an atomic bomb to tilt the balance to the side of the good guys.

Enter the PCs who are arrive to see what happened to the Runabout and find themselves taking the role of the Men in Black/spooks/etc. as they try to find out the contamination from the Runabout and how to best resolve the situation within the structure of the Prime Directive. How far have the scientist's notes traveled? Who knows what? Where are all the pieces of the Runabout? Should they shut down the a-bomb project, even knowing the forces of tyranny are on the verge of victory?

Thumbs up

I just love your "Clockwork Empire", Dan. Very, very nice.
    Still, why does the mysterious figure give them all that? Where did it get all that, for that matter?

------------------
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)

The main reason "Mr. Mystery" is there is to give a focal baddie. As to his motivation, it could be left as an exercise to the narrator. I've always been a fan of using ancient empires - Iconians mainly, though I'll probably make use of the Tkon at some point as well, so I personally view Mr. Mystery as someone who understands Iconian tech pretty well (possibly even a cultist who worships them as gods) and wants to use it to forge the more advanced world into the start of an empire, one which he controls in all but name.

(In my game I've given some though to reusing a former Betazoid PC aboard H.G. Wells who went insane when exposed to Iconian technology and wound up passing through an Iconian portal to parts unknown....)

THE PRIME DIRECTIVE SYNDROME
    Recomended Series: Exploration

The PCs are ordered to apprenhend a "rogue" ship's captain who is accused of violations of the Prime Directive. Her actions has saved a number of worlds from complete and utter destruction but her actions have violated the Prime Directive. The PCs would be faced with a dilemna of how to deal with her actions as they were obviously the "right thing" to do but in violation of regulations.

During the chase, the PCs are faced with a major Prime Directive conundrum which would force them to choose between saving lives and violating the Prime Directive.