Thread: Series Outline I am thinking of using

Series Outline I am thinking of using

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with some interesting material for my game that will be starting in early May. I was talking with some of the people that will be participating and found out some of the stuff they would like to see that they haven't seen on tv. any comments/suggestion on how to improve the season concepts is much appreciated. here is the outline

Series Profile
    Star Trek: Endeavor

SETTING
    Era: 24th Century ( tail end of 2375–????).
    Region: Beta Quadrant, on the edge of Federation space facing the Delta Quadrant.
    Traveling: Starship, Shuttles, Transporters.

CREW
    Organization: Starfleet
    Missions: Primarily Exploration, some defense and offensive maneuvers.
    Composition: Primarily human, Vulcan, Cardassian/Human, other

BASE OF OPERATIONS
    Base Type: Federation Deep Space Station Endeavor and a support vessel (U.S.S. Expedition)

TECHNOLOGY
    Era Technology: 24th Century
    Available Technology: Starfleet and what is discovered.

ADVERSITY
    Threat and Opposition: a mad-man is after the Captain
    Crisis and Disaster : Varied by Episode

Feel: Exploring the unknown.

Series Outline
    (Tentative)

Season 1: Late 2375–2376
    * Presidential Campaign and election
    * a Mad-Man terrorizes the captain and later the crew
    * Character development episodes

Season 2: Year 2377
    * Presidents begins to implement policies “protect” the Federation
    * Captain gets fed up with Mad-Man and goes after him ( and ends the conflict)
    * Some of the Federation members begin to question the President’s actions.

Season 3: Year 2378
    * Federation Members begin to break away from the Federation. The President uses this event to show that there is a threat against them (est. Martial Law)
    * President will issue orders to attack the cession members, which will prompt some Starfleet officers to “declare their resignation.”
    * Endeavor will break away to help the rebels

Season 4: Year 2379
    * Federation Civil War heats up–the rebellion will be led by the Endeavor captain
    * Eventually, the rebels begin their push to liberate Earth
    * Earth is devastated by the conflict

Season 5: Year 2380 ??????
    Season 6: Year 2381???????
    Season 7: Year 2382 ??????

**try and work in during the last 3 seasons a threatening force out towards the Delta Quadrant ( besides the Borg) and have them declare war on the Alpha Quadrant, forcing all of the AQ powers to unite and combat this threat (klingons, romulans, federation, cardassians, breen, you name it).

Re: Series Outline I am thinking of using

Originally posted by Jerod
    I have been racking my brain trying to come up with some interesting material for my game that will be starting in early May. I was talking with some of the people that will be participating and found out some of the stuff they would like to see that they haven't seen on tv. any comments/suggestion on how to improve the season concepts is much appreciated. here is the outline

Series Profile
    Star Trek: Endeavor

SETTING
    Era: 24th Century ( tail end of 2375–????).
    Region: Beta Quadrant, on the edge of Federation space facing the Delta Quadrant.
    Traveling: Starship, Shuttles, Transporters.

CREW
    Organization: Starfleet
    Missions: Primarily Exploration, some defense and offensive maneuvers.
    Composition: Primarily human, Vulcan, Cardassian/Human, other

BASE OF OPERATIONS
    Base Type: Federation Deep Space Station Endeavor and a support vessel (U.S.S. Expedition)

TECHNOLOGY
    Era Technology: 24th Century
    Available Technology: Starfleet and what is discovered.

ADVERSITY
    Threat and Opposition: a mad-man is after the Captain
    Crisis and Disaster : Varied by Episode

Feel: Exploring the unknown.

Series Outline
    (Tentative)

Season 1: Late 2375–2376
    * Presidential Campaign and election
    * a Mad-Man terrorizes the captain and later the crew
    * Character development episodes

Season 2: Year 2377
    * Presidents begins to implement policies “protect” the Federation
    * Captain gets fed up with Mad-Man and goes after him ( and ends the conflict)
    * Some of the Federation members begin to question the President’s actions.

Season 3: Year 2378
    * Federation Members begin to break away from the Federation. The President uses this event to show that there is a threat against them (est. Martial Law)
    * President will issue orders to attack the cession members, which will prompt some Starfleet officers to “declare their resignation.”
    * Endeavor will break away to help the rebels

Season 4: Year 2379
    * Federation Civil War heats up–the rebellion will be led by the Endeavor captain
    * Eventually, the rebels begin their push to liberate Earth
    * Earth is devastated by the conflict

Season 5: Year 2380 ??????
    Season 6: Year 2381???????
    Season 7: Year 2382 ??????

**try and work in during the last 3 seasons a threatening force out towards the Delta Quadrant ( besides the Borg) and have them declare war on the Alpha Quadrant, forcing all of the AQ powers to unite and combat this threat (klingons, romulans, federation, cardassians, breen, you name it).
    THis is my game idea for the most part just I have having it on a Space Station. Nothing is wrong taking the Babylon 5 templete and tweaking it for your thoughts and how to work in the Federation. My game is larger scope.

So in other words I love it!
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Thanks, I don't mean to steal anything from B5. I actually have an idea that is totally seperate from that show. my plan (for right now) is that the President uses fear as his/her biggest ally because of the atmosphere the Dominion War left behind. The Prez will mention something along the lines of "there are factions that want to see the Federation crumble and I will not let that happen, the policies I institute will be for all of our safety.........etc. yada yada yada, what all dicators emphasize.

Originally posted by Jerod
    Thanks, I don't mean to steal anything from B5. I actually have an idea that is totally seperate from that show. my plan (for right now) is that the President uses fear as his/her biggest ally because of the atmosphere the Dominion War left behind. The Prez will mention something along the lines of "there are factions that want to see the Federation crumble and I will not let that happen, the policies I institute will be for all of our safety.........etc. yada yada yada, what all dicators emphasize.
    Yep and that was President Clarke using the anti alien sentiment that was created after the Earth-Minbari War.
    Last edited by T'lara; 04-17-2003 at 04:17 PM.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Interesting campaign idea Jerod, I do have to agree with T'Lara that the idea has a number of B5 related points. This is not a bad thing, mind you. You might want to add a few bits of what other races are doing during this time. Rumor has is that the Breen kept most of their fleet after the Dominion War, they might want to assert their power.

Any thoughts about what happens if the ship stays loyal, perhaps they feel that a strong goverment is needed to protect the Federation from external predatation?

Depending on how you feel, you may make the Prez a little less dictorial, and a little more overzelous. But that may be better used for other Starfleet characters.

Many posibilities for the tone of episodes.

One question for you: why doesn't the Prez take out Endeavor when it rebells?

Originally posted by Kodiak
    Interesting campaign idea Jerod, I do have to agree with T'Lara that the idea has a number of B5 related points. This is not a bad thing, mind you. You might want to add a few bits of what other races are doing during this time. Rumor has is that the Breen kept most of their fleet after the Dominion War, they might want to assert their power.

Any thoughts about what happens if the ship stays loyal, perhaps they feel that a strong goverment is needed to protect the Federation from external predatation?

Depending on how you feel, you may make the Prez a little less dictorial, and a little more overzelous. But that may be better used for other Starfleet characters.

Many posibilities for the tone of episodes.

One question for you: why doesn't the Prez take out Endeavor when it rebells?
    Agreed there is nothing wrong to have any inspiration from another sci-fi story or real life or non sci-fi or etc. We can all make it our own; my game is inspired by many B5 elements itself as well as many other ideas of my own and other sci-fi.
    Nothing works better than throwing in the Redscare of the 40's and 50's. This has inspired many a Sci Fi story.
    Just have fun but don't worry if someone can compare it to something else. It happens with everything.
    Hey my opinion

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    I think the campaign is pretty sound, though I have never seen B5
    It's a great show. You probably can get a good synapsis when the new RPG comes out this year. It is also suppose to be a Factbook as well.
    Hey my opinion

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Personally, I have a problem with the overzealous/dictatorial president taking power. I think it goes against the Utopian ideal of the Federation, and would be out of character for a career diplomat (which is what the President of the Federation Council is....the leader of a body of diplomats, not politicians).

Your campaign, your choices, but if you really want to do an analogy of what you think is going on with modern politics/mirror B5, you should adapt the idea to one of the foreign powers...maybe forgo the Romulan upheaval as portrayed in Nemesis, with the Endeavor's crew on an extended mission in Romulan space....with a new Praetor becoming unpopular because of his strong pro-Federation stance, causing a Civil War that the recovering Starfleet is drawn into.

Or, to get away from the major powers, have a successor to the Gorn Hegemony throne/leadership cause internal strife, with one faction calling upon Starfleet for assistance...drawing the Endeavor's crew into an extended mission.

The madman idea is interesting, but I'd like to hear it fleshed out...why is the madman after the CO; what is their history? Is the CO an NPC? If so, how does this affect the PCs?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I'm going to agree with Sea Tyger to a point. A dicator would be a bit much, perhap for a specific member world who feels that they need strong leadership for one reason or another.

However I think an overzealous diplomat who is conserned with the saftey of the Federation and has few qualms about how that saftey is achived, might be a strech, but doable (note: I'm playing around with a few idea that puts the PCs on the militant spectrum of Federation politicts, but close enough to make them wonder).

Perhaps someone who was on Earth during the Breen attack and feels that strength is needed to prevent this from happening again? The irony would be superb when the final battle does so much damage to Earth.