Thread: Induction into the Federation[DS16 SPOILER]

Induction into the Federation[DS16 SPOILER]

When a race applies to the Federation to become a member world, and all requirements have been met. What are the ceremonies like on the day of iduction? What ship goes? Does the Enterprise always go? Bring up your own discussions.

Mission: Gamma Book One setup Bajor's induction to the Federation, if anyone has read book two, maybe they can comment. Price of Freedom has a few details, IIRC. When I can check, I'll post what I find.

What about sub-plots during the induction, possibly an assasination attempt?

Any other information about this?

Here is some background information about my campaign.

I want to have the Delvans inducted into the Federation in Season 4 or the first episode of Season 5. They will have stuck by the Federation and assisted them as allies during the Gammittian war. They applied for Federation membership and I would like my players to hold the talks, etc. Is that plausible?

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    According to the Price of Freedom, there is a review period after the initial contact teams have completed their missions. During this Probationary Review, teams make interviews and surveys, preparing the government and populace for full-fledged membership. This is usually the time when almost anything can happen, an old enemy may try to attack and conquer before the membership is final, Romulans, Cardassians, Orions, and who knows who else may try to interfere to keep the Federation from growing stronger, they have a highly profitable/highly illegal trade going on for resources on planet. Anti-membership groups may stoop to terrorism to keep from being "invaded" by the Federation. Those are just some ideas that can be spun into "pre-membership adventures".
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick