Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ship? [DS16 Spoilers]

What ship? [DS16 Spoilers]

Apology: I apologize for posting so many times in a row, but I had somethings typed up and finally decided to post them.

This is a major spoiler though for DS16 players {Cptn. Taggart, Auxioruben, Typhonis I LEAVE }

My NPC, the Captain has ties with Section 31. This history is not currently completely fleshed out yet, but suffice it to say a big favor is in order for the Captain. I am in need of some help. The year that the campaign is set in is 2378.

For a couple of possible missions the crew needs a "cloakable" ship. I don't want the crew to have a new "cloakable" ship. What are your opinions for what ship S31 could loan the Captain? I don't really want to go with a custom class on this one either.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Matt --

A K'tinga-class is perfectly acceptable here.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I could see older ships, such as Excelssior, Ambassador and others being converted to other duties, such as some ballistic missile subs are being converted to special op support subs.

Eh, I don't think it should be Federation in design. No one wants the other side to know that it was Federation operation, nor do they want to breal the Treaty of Algeron by using a known design of Federation origin. I was thinking heavily of the K'tinga last night, but maybe a bit too big.

Ahh, maybe a Theta class scout?

Do you think that maybe S31 could get an old "NX" class back from a junkyard and equip it with a cloaking device? Not the Enterprise herself, but another non-canon, maybe NX-09 or something of the sort. Name is not important

EDIT: I decided that it didn't matter if it were Federation or not, as long as the cloak does not fail

Perhaps then an Oberth? We know that they can be equiped with a cloaking device.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Section 31 is not going to use military (i.e. Starfleet) ships for this sort of thing. If they need a Starfleet ship, they'll just dummy orders up and use a regular ship, pretending to be on an ordinary Starfleet mission. If they want to go covert, they'll use a modified civilian ship. FASA detailed out a covert Starfleet Intelligence ship based on a standard Commercial Freighter, the Tavares Class. I've just redrawn these and converted the stats to ICON - you'll have to CODA-fy them if that's the system you need. The ship can be found at http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...s/tavares1.htm in both stock and Intelligence variants.

Here is the story pn how they can get the ship(still have not setled on a ship class though).

After the previous Quartermaster at Qualor II retired, Section 31 saw the opportunity to take control of a large shipyard where older vessels were placed. They inserted their operative to take the position and since then (2376), Section 31 has not called up him, ...until now. The {Insert Ship name} had been stored their since her decommissioning in {YEAR, Dependent upon class}, when Section 31 decided that they needed to get this particular ship from the Shipyard things fell into plae and a cloaking device was mounted on the ship and the ship mysteriously vanish....

So...I was thinking Klingon, but now I am leaning toward these classes: NX, Miranda, or a captured Klingon BOP (B'rel), and Oberth.

EDIT: Owen posted while I was typing the above. I definitely have been swayed but what Owen said...

EDIT2: http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...&threadid=7531 I coda-fied Owens ship from above!
    Last edited by Lt Cmdr Matt; 04-18-2003 at 03:39 PM.

I agree...

S31 will certainly want to have deniability here, and it's bad enough having Federation personnel on board.

The exact ship class will depend on the "muscle" you (don't) want available to the group. B'rel, K'tinga, Vorcha... or make up something Romulan or Orion. And Orion design has the advantage of being VERY deniable, since they'll sell to anyone.
    John <br><br>What's so hard about inventing artificial intelligence? I see it every day...

Dont forget that Obeths are also civillian vessels.
    Star Trek: Revelations
    ep: 01x05 Countdown

STill no decision yet. We shall see...

The Captain is not going to have ties with S31 anymore, I want to make it with Federation Intelligence. I am leaning toward and older Orion or Klingon Design, maybe a Theta aswell.

Anyone have any information on the Harmony that would be useful to a campaign set aboard it?

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    Anyone have any information on the Harmony that would be useful to a campaign set aboard it?
    Skip the Harmony. Go with one of my designs.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Skip the Harmony. Go with one of my designs.
    Sea Tyger, Do you have any visuals on any of these ships. Aslan has officially spoiled me...

Not of the Arrowhawk. But I've drawn a nice pic of the Prince Thafwa.

Of the older ships, the Lightning and Wanderer are both from FASA (and you should be able to find their pics somewhere on the net), and the modified Class III is the same Class III from starships.

I don't have anything on the Owsla at this point, but if you give me a little time....
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz