Thread: [SS][DS16 Spoiler] Gammittian Ships of the Line

[SS][DS16 Spoiler] Gammittian Ships of the Line

This ship is seriously Min/Maxed but done on purpose. It is a collossal ship that is a major threat much like the Borg were in TNG, and in my series I plan on keeping them like that. There are only four of these ships anywhere as they are so huge.

It is basically a starbase but being how the Gammittians are I wanted to call it a warship. I doubt there will be many comments. Suffice it to say that the other side attack more in numbers then in brute strength so that it scarily equals out...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Name
    Class Minefield Class
    Type Warship
    Year Launched 2377

Structure 100
    Size/Decks 20/100
    Length 10,000
    Height 3,500
    Beam 6,000
    Complement 2,500

Atmosphere Capable? No
    Cargo Units 730
    Life Support Class 4R (EE)
    Operations System Class 5 (F)
    Sensor System Class 5a (+5/+4/+3/+2/+1) (EE)
    Separation System None
    Shuttlebay 10
    Shuttlecraft 200 Size Worth
    Tractor Beams 1 FV, 1 AV
    Transporters 10 Standard, 10 Emergency, 10 Cargo
    Cloaking Device Class 5 (24)

Impulse System SPECIAL (manuevering Thrusters Only) (F)
    Warp System NONE

Beam Weapon Type XII Phaser Arrays (x20/F)
    Penetration 10/9/9/0/0
    Missile Weapon Mk 95 (x20/F)
    Penetration 14/14/14/14/14
    Deflector Shield FSS-3 (F)
    Protection 18
    Threshold 6

C 4
    H -4
    T 4
    Edges Monotanium Plating

BTW: I added manuevering thrusters to this, a custom system. I figured that Cost of 26 was a good number. (6+Size) reliability of F
    Last edited by Lt Cmdr Matt; 04-18-2003 at 01:21 PM.

Well, all I can say is that I'm sure that Starfleet Command is glad that it doesn't have warp drive. My suggestion to the OpFor is to strike at another location one that is not defened by this. However, if the attack has to happen, good luck!

P.S. What does ACB Jacketing and Monotanium Plating do?

harder to detect when not cloaked, and can fire weapons at warp speed....hmmm. Why did I include that?

There are only four of these built, they form a defense system around the Gamittian homeworld. Also there are four fleets in the Gammittian military. Each one of these serves as the command post. The Endaarans attack it with like upwards of 400 fighters...(NOTE: I will not RP this battle, it would be cinematic.)

That might be a BIT much to RP I don't know if the stations are going to survive, but you might want to add more transporters. I might have to use this as a starting point for the mushroom station from the movies.

Well, unless the players show agression toward the Gammittians, they should just hear about it through the news, now if they get caught up in it then they might find out first hand in which case it will be cinematic... It might also serve as a side mission for an infiltration.

Here is the standard Battle Cruiser of the Gammittian Fleet. Not so massive

=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=--
    Name
    Class
    Type Battle Cruiser
    Year Launched 2376

Structure 35
    Size/Decks 7/25
    Length 450
    Height 100
    Beam 300
    Complement 625

Atmosphere Capable? No
    Cargo Units 70
    Life Support Class 4 (E)
    Operations System Class 4 (E)
    Sensor System Class 5 (F)
    Separation System No
    Shuttlebay 2
    Shuttlecraft 14 Size Worth
    Tractor Beams 1 FV, 1 Av
    Transporters 3 Transporters, Cargo, Emergency

Impulse System Class 4 (.95c) (D)
    Warp System Type 5C6 (5/8/9.6) (D)

Beam Weapon Type X (x4/C)
    Penetration 6/5/5/0/0
    Missile Weapon Mk 75 DF (x3/C)
    Penetration 5/5/5/5/5
    Deflector Shield FSR (E)
    Protection 17
    Threshold 4

C 2
    H 0
    T 2
    Edges

Flaws

EDIT: Changed the impulse drive and upped the threshold.
    Last edited by Lt Cmdr Matt; 04-18-2003 at 03:05 PM.

Hmm, looks like a real BC, fast but wouldn't want to put it in the line, with threshold 2, just about any ship can penetrate the shields, larger ships can use the torpedo spread for bonus points manuever to hit. You might be interested in Origins of the Battlecruiser.

Here is the standard fighter of the Gammittian Imperium. As soon as I figure up the Gammittian Linguistics stuff I will start naming them.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Name
    Class
    Type Runabout (Fighter)
    Year Launched 2375

Structure 10
    Size/Decks 2/1
    Length 35
    Height 4
    Beam 5
    Complement 1

Atmosphere Capable? Yes
    Cargo Units 20
    Life Support Class 2 ( C )
    Operations System Class 4 (E)
    Sensor System Class 4 (E)
    Separation System No
    Shuttlebay None
    Shuttlecraft None
    Tractor Beams None
    Transporters 1 Emergency

Impulse System Class 5 (E)
    Warp System None

Beam Weapon Type VI (x2/A)
    Penetration 4/3/3/0/0
    Missile Weapon Mk 25 (x1/A)
    Penetration 2/2/2/2/2
    Deflector Shield FSQ-2 (CC)
    Protection 14
    Threshold 1

C -1
    H 2
    T 1
    Edges

Flaws Design Defect (Sensors)

The Gammittians looks at these as cheap things to send in and lost on the spot basically. Very expendable and cheap to mass produce.

Nice little fleet you have Matt! A few comments on the fighter. I don't have Starships, but it seems that the pen 2 torpedo armament is of limited value when operating solo, it can only penetrate other fighter shields, but can ablate higher powered shields (using spread). Assuming +6 for crew skill to say attack your new BC design (much better, IMO) you are looking at:
    +6 (skill) +3 (spread) +1 (tactical)+2d6) v 17

in the final anlysis the fighter is going to do on average .4 shield hits. A squadron of 24 fighters could knock down on average the BCs shields in one turn (half a turn if they spread fire twice) Back this up with 7 BCs and you can toast two of your BCs per turn.

BTW this same idea can by applied to your superbase, same numbers even if you increase the torpedo rating to 3. 36 standard fighters would do the trick as well.

A squadron of 4 BCs and 12 fighters (with room for 4 shuttles per ship) would be a nasty surprise for anyone that it wanted to fight.

I figure that a fighter will not ever be alone in combat, and if he is a fighter is not meant to withstand alone IMHO, or atleast not this fighter.

Thanks for the comments about the fleet. I think that I will design the civilian, science, and transport stuff after I design the race on paper. Next up: Endaaran Ships of the Line.

PS: I use Romulan engines for this race. I believe that this is the closest technology to them even though they are on the other side of Sol, I might design my own though later on.

For the Endarran fleet you might think about a counter to the fighters (especially if they are standard equipment on ships), perhaps some sort of fighter killer ship with pen 6 (2 ships), pen 5 (3 ships), pen 4 (4 ships) or pen 3 (5 ships) to knock them out at long range. With multi fire you can take out multiple fighters at one time.

This assumes that the fighter attack will work in Starships.

Just a few thoughts until I can build my own fleet using Starships.