Thread: Starships Companion

Starships Companion

Starships is a most excellent resource for the Decipher Star Trek RPG, but I found myself flipping back to the Narrator's Guide for things like classifications and crew multipliers, well now you don't have to. This is a Starships Companion that has all of those tables that you need for Starships. Available in both PDF and HTML formats.

HTML: Starships Companion

PDF: Starships Companion (PDF)

Comments welcome!

Looks pretty cool, let me just say from the outset thanks for the work. I hate transcribing stuff from book to a file via the keyboard, it comes from being a two fingered hunt & peck typist who must stare at the board in order to type.

My only comments would be that I'd put it in a smaller font and different arrangement so that more info gets on a single page. On the other hand, since this file is something to be used as a reference it might just be a highly idiosyncratic point on my part. When I design handouts I generally try to condense everything down so that it all fits on the least number of pages possible; but in this case it probably is not all that much of an issue and might in fact be counterproductive to implement. Just something to think about I guess.

Once again, thumbs up!
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Outstanding!

I have modified Lt Cmdr Matt's file into a one-pager (No regular classes and finals to begin soon, so I find myself filled with that manic burst of energy). It is in pdf format, but huge for some reason (200K). I also have a much smaller Word formatted document (78K). Many thanks once again to Matt's fine work.

pdf:
    http://www.digitalindalo.com/rpg/trek/narrs_sdata.pdf

Word:
    http://www.digitalindalo.com/rpg/trek/nars_sdata.doc

Thumbs up

thanks guys, great stuff!

I really wished I had some programming skills as I really could use a ship-design program for Starship instead of doing it manually... cough *Theko* cough

I was thinking about doing a spreadsheet, but I have not had any time to do so in the last three months and I was waiting for Starships to come out anyway. Now that it is out, I might go ahead and do so after the agony of next week. The pain in my @$$ is going to be doing the transcription of all those charts, which is sure to give my two-fingered typing bad self a case of "Push Button Finger" (insert obscure Jetson's reference.wav). Of course if someone else did it (to paraphrase Snake) cough... cough