Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MVAM Practicality

Specially when an enemy could just target ONE ship and make it where you cant rejoin the whole thing

Specially when an enemy could just target ONE ship and make it where you cant rejoin the whole thing
    well that could be a flaw that can be bought, lessening the cost of MVAM (super weapon systems should have an Achille's Heel otherwise it's no space opera) . OTOH I'd like to see how easy it would be for a single ship fighting for its very life when attacked by 3 powerful modules to target such system on a single vessel.

Target a module??? what I mean is it blows up or damages one of the miniships to where they CANT reform

Originally posted by Typhonis 1
    Target a module??? what I mean is it blows up or damages one of the miniships to where they CANT reform
    Then I guess they would have to fly home independently, inconvenient, yes. Catastrophic, no.
    In the game rules the sections are controlled centrally and grant extra ship actions. This translates into a significant tactical edge.
    Thus it justifies the script need for the importance of the Promethius.
    And yeah, it's kinda silly. But it's still cool.
    4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
    Evil Overlords Survival Guide

There are few problems in the galaxy which cannot be solved by a suitable application of concentrated phaser fire.
    Capt. Coryn Windsabre

I've always preferred photons myself.
    Cmdr. Marcus Aurelius Ferretti

Sos a carrier and you can have a thirty ship MVAM with it or even more ((ref Btritish attack at Milano 1941, Pearl Harbor 1932,1941, Midway island 1942 ,Corral Sea 1942 ))

the fact that the Prometheus is a big assed plot device has eluded you. This is Star Trek, not reality.

well shame on me anyways... I'm once again reminded of that precious bit of wisdom which goes like this:

arguing over the internet is like running in the Special Olympics: you may win but at the end you're still a retard.

Don't get me wrong, I like carriers too (Mmmm Akira!), but the Promethius works inside the framework of Trek and so the game rules support the fact that MVAM gives an advantage to the ship. Nothing strange about the fact that the rules support what you see on the screen instead of what is realistic. If we were going for a realistic game we wouldn't be playing Star Trek.
    4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
    Evil Overlords Survival Guide

There are few problems in the galaxy which cannot be solved by a suitable application of concentrated phaser fire.
    Capt. Coryn Windsabre

I've always preferred photons myself.
    Cmdr. Marcus Aurelius Ferretti