IMPULSE SYSTEM: RIB (.5c) A

TACTICAL DATA
    BEAM WEAPONS: R-D1A (x2) A
    PENETRATION: 2/2/2/0/0
    DEFLECTOR SHIELD: FSQ-1A BB

MISCELLANEOUS DATA
    MANEUVER MODIFIERS: -1C/+2H/+1T
    STARSHIP TRAITS: Unique System (Beam)

The Scorpion Attack Flier was first observed (and test-flown by Starfleet personnel) during the recent shakeup of the Romulan Star Empire. This is a very light shuttlecraft with no warp capability and limited utility as a shuttlecraft. The Scorpion seems designed more as a ground attack machine than a space fighter, but its oversized disruptor turret serves it well in both capacities. Its primary value lies in the large number that can be deployed for the least expenditure of resources. The Scorpion has only been confirmed as part of the complement of the Reman-designed warship Scimitar, but it is probably also present on other Romulan assets such as the Norexan and D'Deridex-class Warbirds. The nearest Starfleet analog to the Scorpion is the Type 15 shuttlepod or the Work Bee utility craft.

(The data on this machine was primarily taken from Star Trek: The Magazine, February 2003. Dimensions were estimated based on the design sketches shown.

There is no alien beam weapon in Starships that will fit in a Size 2 vessel, let alone a Size 1, so I used Sea Tyger's suggestion and imported 2 Type 1 phasers and used the space saved to beef up the structure. Thanks, Davy)
    Last edited by Cmdr Powers; 04-23-2003 at 12:32 PM.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    One option is to use the Type I phaser from Table 1.15 (via Table 1.1, Alien Availability) and give it a Romulan name (like RD-1A, or whatnot).

Drop two Type I's into the Scorpion and it saves you the 5 points you're burning for the unique system trait (which you can put into structure ).

Just a thought.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    One option is to use the Type I phaser from Table 1.15 (via Table 1.1, Alien Availability) and give it a Romulan name (like RD-1A, or whatnot).

Drop two Type I's into the Scorpion and it saves you the 5 points you're burning for the unique system trait (which you can put into structure ).

Just a thought.
    Yeah, that'll work. The Scorpion doesn't have much structure, though. Its basically an F/A-18 Hornet cockpit (turned around) with a disruptor turret and impulse drive glued on.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Just a suggestion for those that think fighters are useful...

New maneuver for fighters (like the Scorpion)

CONCENTRATE FIRE (Command TN protection+3/fighter)

Prerequisites: Close, Lock on (only fighters with lock on can combine).

Effect: The squadron leader (or captain of tle wing/lead ship) calls fire from the group and makes his command test vs. the target ship's protection. Can be done as a combined test with other fighter pilots (or in a two-seater, the gunner or pilot), each success adding as per the combined test rules to the leader's result.

The number of fighters that combine fire is variable -- if the squadron/combat leader gets a high enough result to combine 3 of 6 fighters, he gets to add the ofensive penetration of 3 fighters together (not an all or nothing test).

Example: a Scorpion squadron of 6 fighters all all closing to attack USS Bullseye. All of the fighters have successfully closed, two have gotten lock-ons this round, two more have lock ons from last round. That's four fighters that can combine fire. The Quadron commander orders combined fire on Bullseye (Protection of 15); he needs a 15+ (3x4 fighters)=27. He rolls a 22. Two fighters can combine fire. One of the pilots makes a combine fire test, but only got a 16 -- no addition to the commander's roll. Another gets a bunch of sixes and winds up with a 34. He adds +2 to the commander's roll. That gives the commander a 24 total. Three fighters synch fire for a total penetration of 6 versus the Bulseye's 3. Three points get through.

Could be used by capital ships, as well (a la First Contact when they whack the Borg...)
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill