Thread: Iconians Resurrected

Iconians Resurrected

I was just wondering if anyone has had a different take on the Iconians than I have had.

I'm tired of them always being the same, and would like to explore new avenues for them. This is basically a reworking of my mindset, not a version of, I have them and want to take them in a new direction.

I have envisioned the Iconians of being on par with current Federation, Klingon, et al. races with a few extra spikes in technology. Though they weren't the preservers, they might have had some concourse with them. I have been maintaining them as the Klingon "gods" as well as the original entity that was impostored in Devil's Due.

A politically factious race with multiple hidden agendas that are just now coming to fruition. Among their plans, the Dominion War, Romulan Reunification, Klingon ridgeheadedness questions, and many others.

And in one episode I ran, it was alluded that they were what "evolved" (or is it devolved) into the parasitic race that almost took over Starfleet in the first season of TNG.

Any further ideas are welcome.

Could you specify what you have in mind when you say "Iconian always being the same" ?

As for me, I see the Iconians as Picard supposed them to be in the episode with the Iconian Gateway : a race of peaceful explorers, very advanced technologically, that was eventually destroyed by other, more warlike races, who afterwards spread the idea that the Iconian were demons. The Iconians either disappeared or survived as small groups scattered on various planets.

Of course this is just my idea of them. Maybe that was the "Iconians being the same" idea you referred to ?

Hey... this gives me another idea. It could be interesting to have a Federation ship being sent forward a few millenia into the future, and hear legends about a Federation people being bloodthirsty conquerors that were eventually conquered by an alliance of liberators. Okay, that one was off topic.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Three species come to mind: Dewan, Iccobar, and Denasi(?). The three species that had languages based on Iconion roots.

Nobody actually said they are all dead, only the government, they could pull a Israel - returned from oblivion after oh so many years.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

That's what I meant C5.

But both of you deserve some thanks. I had forgotten about those other planets, and the idea about a future where the Federation is a bloodthirsty expansionist empire laid to waste by the peace loving Founders......no, better yet, the peace loving Pakleds.

Well, there is another possibility. Maybe the Iconians who used the portal on the iconian homeworld went to planets located in another quadrants or even galaxies(!?!?!?), and then lost contact between them. Maybe there is an iconian empire in the Gamma quadrant, or (more probably) there are some planets in which the surviving Iconian are hiding themselves of the babarians which once destroyed their planet , maybe living underearth or even using a planetary cloaking device like the one found in Aldea. Also, have you seen the (unnofficial) Neutral Zone campaign Volume 2? it's mainly about Iconia and iconian technology...