Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Ships for the Original ICON System [Non-SD]

Some Ships for the Original ICON System [Non-SD]

Since it has been so long since we have seen any ship stats for the original ICON system. . .

Not sure if many would find these of any help, but what the hay. The file has four ships: Aquarius-class (T-AOT); Travel Pod (YFB); Wonderer-class (PF); Work Bee (YRS).

These stats follow the form of the ship stats found in the ICON Core books (except I added shuttles counts. . .I want to know how many shuttles a ship has).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

I would find them of help, thank you redwood973

btw I also keep stats for shuttles
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I am glad to hear it Phoenix.

Hum, anyone else make any changes to the ICON ship stats (anything from just short of using the Spacedock system or a minor add on like mine)? Just curious.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Very nice work! Shame I don't use Icon anymore but it wouldn't be hard to convert
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by redwood973
    I am glad to hear it Phoenix.

Hum, anyone else make any changes to the ICON ship stats (anything from just short of using the Spacedock system or a minor add on like mine)? Just curious.
    To let you know, I've imported several things from Spacedock into basic Icon -
    • Structural Integrity Fields
    • Quarters Break-down
    • Normal Consumable Limit
    • Cargo Capacity
    • Ratings (all converted to a 1-10 basis) for -
      Comm, medical, navigation, recreation, science, security & tactical
    • Available Power from -
      Warp engine, Impulse engine, & Auxiliary power
    • All support craft -
      Shuttlecraft, Shuttlepods, Work Bees, Yachts, even lifeboats

But I only do this for the player's ship and other highly important ships they encounter. Most ships just use the base Icon stats as they are just background props or possible targets.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Phoenix I would love to see the datasheet for your ship.

For anyone using the Spacedock system datasheets for the class ships are linked below, except for the Wonderer-class (PF) which I have not done. . .yet.

Aquarius-class (T-AOT) for Spacedock

Travel Pod (YFB) for Spacedock

Work Bee (YRS) for Spacedock
    Last edited by redwood973; 06-22-2004 at 09:47 AM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I am not 100% happy with this one yet. I plan to tinker with it some more in the morning. But for now, the Loknar-class (DL). . .

Edited to post new Datasheet. Liking this one much better!
    Last edited by redwood973; 08-16-2004 at 12:51 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Although I use CODA, I find this very interesting. May I ask where the schematics come from? I'd love to see if there are others

EDIT: Whoohoo, 1000+ posts!!!!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

May I ask where the schematics come from? I'd love to see if there are others

--KillerWhale
    I believe that the Mk V is what Owen is doing the deck plans for. The picture was pointed out in an old thread I found last Friday afternoon.

Image Found Here
    Last edited by redwood973; 08-16-2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Thanks a bunch!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

No problem. I guess the picture is actually from this site though. I never looked to see if there was credit given on the page I got the pic from until now, I had just assumed it was something the Miranda guy did himself.

For anyone interested the original datasheet has been replaced with one I like much better.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

The Rigel-class never impressed me much. Didn't care for the official look (three nacells, Galaxy saucer, Constitution engineering hull. . .damn ugly, and damn silly). The LUG Rigel just didn't do it for me for some reason.

Anyway, here is another Rigel-class Scout (GSR). . .
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

The Rigel-class never impressed me much. Didn't care for the official look (three nacells, Galaxy saucer, Constitution engineering hull. . .damn ugly, and damn silly). The LUG Rigel just didn't do it for me for some reason.

Anyway, here is another Rigel-class Scout (GSR). . .
    Damn, that's cool.

Thanks.

Alex

Welcome.

I also found that Rigel pic on these boards. It's from "Starship Schematics." Some of those fan produced ships are light-years ahead of those actually produced for the shows.

As with all the ships I stat out, both the Loknar and Rigel-classes will be given treatment in the Spacedock system. I am just not sure yet where to put them when done. I doubt I will get them done in time to post here, at least not soon enough to allow people to download them before the site goes down.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Welcome.

I also found that Rigel pic on these boards. It's from "Starship Schematics." Some of those fan produced ships are light-years ahead of those actually produced for the shows.

As with all the ships I stat out, both the Loknar and Rigel-classes will be given treatment in the Spacedock system. I am just not sure yet where to put them when done. I doubt I will get them done in time to post here, at least not soon enough to allow people to download them before the site goes down.
    To be honest, I've got that site on my computer, and haven't been in absolutely forever. Just haven't had the trek bug. For some reason, this impending closure has given me interest in the topic again.

Some of the pictures are really nice, some not so.

I didn't like the Rigel class in the Lug book. It just looked wrong, which was a problem because it was nearly perfect for what I needed.

this one is slightly bigger, slightly more powerful (Type x vs type viii phasers), but not so much so that it's not useful. Plus, it's much cooler looking.

A lot of people are posting their old and new stuff at Commander Matt's place. You know the way.

Alex