Thread: Desperate for all cannon ships!

Desperate for all cannon ships!

Hi all. I hope this message gets to someone that can help me before the site closes.

I'm desperate to get my hands on the stats for cannon Federation ships, such as the akira and the streamrunner, for the LUG version of the game. Is there anyone that can mail these to me in bulk? I've got an active game going, and we can only do so much with the ships in the book, and I'm crap at making ship statistics up. Please, can someone help me? Thank you!

-ST13

ps - I'm more than willing to put together a site to host all the data for the ships. This is information that should not be lost forever.
    Last edited by Storyteller13; 08-22-2004 at 04:26 AM.

Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Owen's Memory ICON I belive has (or will have) all the ICON starships once available here at TrekRPGNet.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Thank you!

What, praytell, is a "cannon" ship?
    Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com

6. Originally posted by Uruz
    What, praytell, is a "cannon" ship?
    That would be warship that, instead of carrying energy weapons like phasers or guided weapons like photon or quantum torpedoes, instead attacks with ballistic projectiles fired using chemical propulsion.

They are common among pirate fleets from certain non-federation member planets which which have not developed energy weapons yet or weapons with the yeld of the aforementioned Torpedoes. The appeal of "cannon ships" consist mainly in terms of cost. Missles are expensive, and their purchase can draw unneeded attention to the head of a pirate fleet, not to mention the actual cost of the missiles. On the other hand, with a cannon ship, the only major cost required for arming the weapons is propellant.

However, "cannon" ships stand no chance whatsoever against a ship from any "modern" (as of TOS) space navy, so are not often seen. They may, however, may be a little more common during the period of "Enterprize" as the projectiles might be a little more effective against polarized hull plating than full fledged shields.

(How's that for a BS answer, eh?)
    "Would you mind not shooting at the thermonucular weapons!!!"
    -John Travolta in "Broken Arrow"

I suspect he mean Canon, as in pertaining to official, rather than fan created ships Not Cannon as in a big gun
    Ta Muchly

8. Originally posted by Tobian
    I suspect he mean Canon, as in pertaining to official, rather than fan created ships Not Cannon as in a big gun
    Yeah, I know. But, with a typo like that, he's asking for it.
    "Would you mind not shooting at the thermonucular weapons!!!"
    -John Travolta in "Broken Arrow"

hehe yeah but even I have to check; I couldn't rember which spelling was which off the top of my head

On the flip side I have seen a CANNON ship somewhere on these boards
    Ta Muchly