Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [CODA] "Expanded Starship Operations" sourcebook

Beautiful cover.... I assume the rest follows

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Thanks! Yes, I intend to finish... tonight.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Exclamation DONE!

It's done, guys.

Yeah. You read me well. It's done.

Duh, it's 5am in the morning but I reaaaally wanted to post a finished version.

The beast weighs over 100 pages, and 20 MB.

I didn't do everything I wanted - I would have liked to do more Starfleet ships and stations, some Borg and Delta quad ships, the cheat sheets are not completed yet and hence are not included, but there comes a time when you need to say "okay, let's stop there". Otherwise I would never have released anything.

The joy with ebooks - is that I can always update the book later if I feel like it. And I most certainly will as there is a part of the material that I never had the time to... proofread. I hope it doesn't show

I put up a quick and dirty web page at http://rpg.lionelkw.com
    For impatient folks, the file lies directly at http://rpg.lionelkw.com/trek/expande...operations.pdf

Woohoo! Can't believe it's done. Now I'm off to bed

I hope you like it!

WOW, good thing i have a cable modem

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KW, LOOK FOWARD TO READING IT

Talking

w00t!! Thank you very much, KW!
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*sudden urge to print overwhelming.. can't resist... but think of all the ink ... arghhh* hehe Man that's a whole lot of ink, shame I wasn't at work when i got this hehe.

Now I'm going to have to work out if I can print double sided on y computer to save paper!

Handy though - as it's my game tommorrow!

Thanks very much KW for all your hard work.
    Ta Muchly

Ok, debugging mode, just spotted one nit (guess where I looked first!) in the Scimitar - the Plasma torpedo banks should have had a penetration of 9/8/7/6/5 - because the plasma penetration world like that...
    Ta Muchly

Thank you all guys for your support and interest I could never have finished without all your help.

Good point, Tobian, thanks! I can't update it now as I'm not at home but I will as soon as I get back. I think it was 4am when I did the Scimitar, that must explain that :wishes very hard for not being a lot of errors in there:

As for printing the book in double-sided in order to save pages, you can ask Acrobat to print only odd or even pages

Yep I'm printing it like that - though it's taking quite a while ! I'm about half way through...

Just for keeping's sake - I also printed the front cover on photo paper in borderless mode! Mmmm very nice!

With this much material it could take me a while to proof, but ifi spot anything else I'll let you know.
    Ta Muchly

Great! I hope the thing looks pretty - I didn't have the chance to print myself a version

Thanks a lot for the proofreading! I'll update the beast with anything you find.

I just took a look at the cover (whilst downloading the actual book)....f#@&ing awsome. Now I have to go get some color ink for my bubble-jet (the cover alone is worth the obscene $$amount$$ for ink)...

Now go take a nap KW...I think you've earned it.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

A job well done, from the looks of things. I'm printing it out now as we speak, so I'll be able to get a much more in-depth look at it once I get home. But from what I've seen so far... well, Wayne and Garth said it best: "I'm not worthy!" *bows*
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

I love the cover of ESO!! Everything in the net-book is great, though I saw a mistake pg. 45 Table 2.9 says " roll 2d6" should be "roll 3d6"?

The finished product is tremendous, kw. The layout is clean and very professional, there are only a few typos I noticed (like the aforementioned plasma torpedo damage mistake), the English is much cleaned up from the early editions, and the ship write-ups look pretty good to me.

Easily on par with the Decipher products. They'd be foolish not to take note of this.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Decipher Guys!!!!

Hire Killerwhale! He is shit hot at creating game books!!

Give him a contract!! You know it makes sense!
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill