Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aslan's potential forum game.

Originally posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    Done. But perhaps you can answer one more question for me. Since a starship officer automatically picks up an elite profession is he considered to have one or two classes for the purposes of picking up another profession?
    IMHO that won't be important, as the ruling is that you can only advance two elite professions at the same time. So even if you want to pick up another elite profession after your original one you can still treat both as 'favored' for skill and ability aquisition.

I'm in the same boat as CKV... been a helluva week and I'm glad the deadline is really 12am PST (3am EST) Saturday. Tonight I may actually have time at work to finish writing up characters.

“In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Sad to say, I missed the later seasons of Deep Space Nine and thus know very little about the role which Empok Nor played during the Dominion War. Would anyone be willing to brief me, either here or privately via email, or point me toward any more detailed synopses of the Dominion War episodes?

Thanks in advance...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Lancer has it right on the elite professions

As for empok Nor.

It was in three eps as far as I can remember...

Empok Nor where O'Brien removes some components.

Magnificant Ferengi where Quark and Co do the swap for Quark's mom.

And the one where Dukhat has a cult. Can't remember the name.

Needless to say the station was mostly abandonned.

First character submitted. Just mentioning it here in case the gremlins are online and hungry tonight.

Regards,
    CKV.

Who all now have their character or characters submitted?

Surprisingly I managed to get both my concepts detailed and sent in even with the week I've had.

Though the second was pretty much just for the sake of completion.

Regards,
    CKV.

Submitted my character on thursday.

I hope Aslan responds to it soon, as I have several options worked into it I'd like clarified. Things like "if you can't work flaw X into the game I'd take Y instead".

The stats went out yesterday. Not the backstory though. For some reason I can't make it "work" for me.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

I have my basic backstory but I want to nail down when Nemesis occurred before I go into detail.

Regards,
    CKV.

Unhappy

Sadly, I was swamped at work all night and could not complete anything. My player's hat passes to Anarchy Bob, I guess. Major bummer, especially as I will have scads of time this weekend... my girlfriend is abandoning me to visit her folks for Mother's Day.

Can everyone please post here which character they sent in, since most didn't identify themselves in the e-mail, so if I didn't know your real name, I don't know who you are really.

Anarchy Bob can submit a character now

Raconteur you can as well still.

Lance I assume I got your character... But as per above I can't be sure.

Joe, what isn't working? Maybe the character isn't the right one.

CKV, I too would like to know the year of Nemesis. Anyone?

Originally posted by AslanC
    Lance I assume I got your character... But as per above I can't be sure.
    You should be able to identify the mail, as I signed it "Andreas / Lancer". E-mail was titled "Character for forum game - Tarin Veal".
    Tarin is the Starfleet officer we were talking about by PM (Science+Command).
    Hope that helps.

Joe, what isn't working? Maybe the character isn't the right one.
    No, the character's fine.

I just have trouble combining my idea of the character's development up to the game time with Trek chronology.

Does anyone know a good site where I can read up on some dates of the Dominion War?

BTW, my character is Capt. Gillespie.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

CKV, I too would like to know the year of Nemesis. Anyone?
    That would be the latter half of 2378. This is canon as a reference was made to how long Riker has served about the Enterprise. 2363+15=2378. This math was done by me back in December...

I was pretty sure it was 2378, I plan to pick up the novelization tomorrow to add to my collection.

Aslan, both mine were designated with my name in the character sheet but for sake of completeness we have Andrus Elbrun and Decius Tovan.

Regards,
    CKV.