Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Signatures

Signatures

Comment here about your own signature and or those of others.

My original signature:

The Trekkie Formerly Known As Surak, AKA The Coch, Humble Creator of the Bwuutut and Mensaeans, Aba and Zwickau, and the Perseus Federation, Guy Who Still Hasn't Actually Played The Game, And Who Finally Decided To Use A Signature.

Then, something like:

Games, the Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year liscense, to explore strange new roles. To Bring New Life Into Gettogethers. To Boldly Play what No Fan has Played Before!

After that, I used the above translated into "Tiberian".

Then I switched to my current signature, which comes from a whole thread of Penzance Parodies I posted.

Even now, I still haven't Actually Played the Game, and I guess I kind of like that distinction.

Mine is sipply a statement of the fact I use races that are not canon to Star Trek. Allowing a modern version fo the elf to enter the game. but then That just me..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Hey, he might be a Romulan, Rigellian, Mintakan, Ocampa, or Vaan.

Or a Selelvian.

Any way, my sig is a purely political statement. so

"It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

What's a Selelvian? Something like a Sylvan? A canon Trek race? A trek race you created?

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Well, the first two parts of my sig are quite self-explanatory. The Navy has always been, and will always be, a part of my life. I'm always happy to discuss my experience and knowledge with anyone

The last line is actually a quote of my own creation. While it's really just a witticism, it also has meaning: Peace (on whatever scale you're talking about...between two people, two nations or two faiths) is more than just offering an absence of hostilities. You can't shake the your enemy's hand while holding the dagger for his back in the other.

True peace and reconciliation only comes through sincere and open discussion. Such discussion leads to true understanding of each other's needs and motivations. Such understanding helps both parties to improve not only their own situation, but the situation of their former opponent. Eventually, bitter enemies become staunch allies, because of their sincere desire for a true and lasting peace.

A pair of Lincolns for thought....
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I got a classical roleplayer signature, as I'm narrating the campaign we play in. First there's a lil pic of the prototype ship used, then the last episode info:
    season number/episode number (nth episode overall since we began), ep title.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

I think mine is pretty self-explanatory. It's something people have forgotten & need to be reminded of...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Most of mine are of my own creation. However, the one I use here is a quote from, of all things, a Games Workshop novel.

I think the reason that I use it is a lot of people I know who roleplay regard GW as 'for kids' or 'the thing they grew out of'. I use the quote because it is from a larger segment of Ian Watson's book in the 40K universe - books which have a scewed look on a simplistic setting.

Thus demonstrating that there is complexity and beauty in everything. Plus, some of the ways he uses the sounds and sights in his novels create the most 3D scenes I've read.

later days!

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

My sig has to be silly. Usually, there's a cynic undertone to it, but not right now. Hmm.... Maybe it's time to change it again. Anyway, follow the link.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

My current sig comes was inspired by some recent debates on this forum (guess which ones ).
    I had Murphy's Law for a long time, because I am a firm believer in this law too

On a general matter, I use whatever I find amusing and fitting my mood at the time I chose it.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I read this thread and realized I had turned off my ability to view sigs. I've fixed that, though I may just turn it off again. Too much clutter, sometimes.

Mine is pretty simple. My name, a goofy animation, and my love of DS9 displayed prominently.

I am the Tao of sigs

Just a clever (to me at least) play on words involving religion and gaming.
    Jesus saves... and takes half damage.
    --+
    (www.btvs-rpg.net)