Thread: Help with basic maneuvers

Help with basic maneuvers

Hi all,

There's something that's been confusing me for long with all maneuvers - and I wanted to know if I was correct in my interpretation.

Many maneuvers - especially in the NG - add protection ratings to the acting ship (Come About for instance).

I am wondering when, and for how long exactly these modifiers apply.

Let's take an example: a Romulan BoP wants to blow the Enterprise to pieces. The initiative rolls say the Ent plays first in the round and the BoP second.

The Ent chooses maneuvers and reveals a Fire and a Come About. Come About is a success: the Ent gains +5 protection. No problem: that means it will be more difficult for the BoP to fire on Ent when it acts in the same round.

But what does happen if the BoP had played first? Obviously the Ent doesn't get any Come About bonuses since the BoP can fire first. But what if the Ent still performs Come About? Does the bonus apply on the following round - that is, the next time the BoP acts, finally?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

I believe it's one round for the added protection.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Thanks! What I thought exactly.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek