Thread: Cogenitor

Unhappy Cogenitor

SPOILER ALERT

Please tell me Trip got punished more than was shown on the episode for what he did! Gee whiz, Archer made him feel bad. Poor guy. I'll bet that right smarted.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Glad to see someone else noticed this. All I kept thinking was "Disciplinary Action", during the whole lecture.

Spoiler
    I mean after all someone died, that should at least call for a board of inquiry. It might happen off camera and if so I'd love to see them refer to it somewhere down the line. Otherwise though I felt it was a very good episode. I really had the feeling that Archer was having to not only dress down Trip, but reevaluate his own practices and the example he sets for his crew.
    "One cannot get in bed with the Devil and not have sex with him, dear boy" -Andrew Robinson

Re: Cogenitor

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    Please tell me Trip got punished more than was shown on the episode for what he did! Gee whiz, Archer made him feel bad. Poor guy. I'll bet that right smarted.
    Remember, this is before the Prime Directive; while what Trip did was wrong, there may be no rule that applies here.

As for disciplianarian action, knowing that his good intentions indirectly resulted in the death os the very person he was trying to help, the guilt Tripp is suffering over the incident will be all the punishment he needs and then some.

My opinion of course
    They keep telling me that the beat's going to get me, so I'm avoiding the beat at all costs!!