Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just saw X-Men 2

Apparantly the name Remy LeBeau is on the end credits, although my friend (who spotted it) didn't see him in the film. I saw his name on the computer screen though.

The scene with Colossus was so cool though, especially since I didn't expect it.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Finally a motion picture with Patrick Stewart we can be proud of watching!

IT KICKED MAJOR @$$!

Would it not be great if X2 over the weekend made more than Nemisis did it's whole run..........?

Look at this

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin...51990399,65936
    Last edited by T'lara; 05-03-2003 at 02:12 PM.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Saw it today with the wife... pretty good film. SPOILERS FOLLOW!

I think Storm was sadly underused; makes me wonder if Halle Berry will agree to X3, especially considering what that story will likely entail.

For that matter, the actor playing Cyclops (don't know his name) didn't have much to do. Once he got captured, he disappeared for a good portion of the film. And his recovery was weakly explained.

Ian McKellen was superb as ever. Favorite scene with Magneto was his escape from his cell. Very cool.

Most interesting thing to watch in the movie was Alan Cummings work as Nightcrawler. Much different charcterization than I expected, but much appreciated. I'd like to see more of him, but I fear he'll just become another face in the crowd of mutant appearances.

Patrick Stewart...wasted. Had nothing worthwhile to do here. He could have phoned in this performance and called it a day.

Thought: Is using Cerebro against Professor X the best they can do, two movies in a row? If it's so hard to challenge him, make him less a factor in the film and concentrate on the cavalcade of mutant cameos.

Thought: I can see a whole slew of spinoff movies that can happen from these, but I wonder if the audience would go for "smaller" movies with smaller groups of mutants (like a Wolverine movie, a young mutie movie with some of the kids, etc.) This could turn into a franchise, but I know that studio budgets may not support it.

My feeling is that the storyline was leading up to something big, and I hope we get a payoff soon. Pyro defects to Magneto's side, there's politics in the air, and of course, the question about Jean.

I hope the key actors reup for X3, otherwise, it'll look strange having someone different in the roles (I was disappointed when Micheal Keaton was replaced as Batman).

So, thumbs up on the movie.

It is hard to have everyone doing something in a movie. Though they did have a better balance in the first movie.

As for me, given what I saw in the very last scene I look forward to see the Phoenix in action in any forth coming movies.

I thought everybody got a nice chunk of time onscreen, save Stewart; fine by me, Wolverine's easily the most interesting of the characters anyway. Loved the build-up for Phoenix...and I really like Famke, so the more of her onscreen, the better. (take that how you will...)

Cast was good all around, but Cumming did a phenomenal job.

Better than the first. I'll go see it again...something I rarely do.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill