Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New press release for new Trek RPG products

New press release for new Trek RPG products

Decipher's posted a press release with news on upcoming Trek products. Sounds like it'll be a good summer.

Check it out here.

Weyhey!

Klingon book! Cool.
    Soldiers and diplomats book! Excellent.
    Mirror Universe! Hmm, i'll get back to you on that.

Well they've set themselves a very tought target to release those three books in the spring given that the first day of Summer is at the beginning of June.

Or am I just being overly pedantic!

All in good humour.

We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Well, its all great of course until you think that the schedule is the same from last year just about for the first half of the summer! looks like the $34.95 rice is standard, well there better be some more meat and potatoes in the fancy entrie dish then what the Starship book had (See previous comments in the I like Starhsips but... thread.)

Glad to see two very long waited for titles coming to press soon, and can't beleive theres a book called Peacekeepers: the guide to Soldiers and Diplomats, how that one make it by the aproval guys at Paramount? that book is the sweetest promise yet.

After nearly a year wait we are seeing books come out. If these come out when they plan I will be a happy happy future Narrrator.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

easy they called it PEACEKEEPERS which is in the flavor of star Trek TNG

In a historical acknowledgement they decided to call the Klingon book "Blood and Honor" and the Mirror Universe one "Through The Glass Darkly", respecting the titles established by LUG. Well, at least it's almost like getting the original books.
    Last edited by Dr. Jonas Bashir; 05-07-2003 at 08:57 AM.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Originally posted by JonA
    Klingon book! Cool.
    Soldiers and diplomats book! Excellent.
    Mirror Universe! Hmm, i'll get back to you on that.
    Being a big Mirror Universe fan (give me a beardy Spock any day!) that's the book I'm looking forward to the most. The others are just icing on the cake!

Talking

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    Being a big Mirror Universe fan (give me a beardy Spock any day!) that's the book I'm looking forward to the most. The others are just icing on the cake!
    For me, its a tie between the Worlds book and the Mirror Universe book. I want 'em both NOW.

I'm glad they're still going to release a Klingon book. I'm looking forward to the Mirror book more. Soldiers and Diplomats I'm not sure about. But I wasn't sure about the SOM until I knew about the aliens, ships, and starbases in it. I wonder if S&D will have new aliens or ships, such as Norway. I wonder how much Klingons and Mirror have been rewritten. I wonder if they'll have maps. It sounds like if there are maps they will fit with Starcharts. It would be cool to see such a Mirror map.

Sweet,
    I can't wait to get the books.

I hope some of the books will be at Gen Con when I go up this year.

Very nice. If they can keep to this schedule, I shall be a very happy camper indeed. I shall have to buy drinks for the Dec employees when they're next in town.

(Okay, that's probably a safe promise I'll never have to keep, but the sentiment is there.)
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Klingons: Blood & Honour!!!! Peacekeepers: Soldiers & Diplomats!!!!!!!!!! Yummy, yes please ASAP!!!!!!!

I want them now, but I am prepared to wait, but not too long for these excellant products.

Seriously though, folks, I have been waiting for a new Klingon sourcebook ever since I got rid of the old FASA Klingon sourcebook. So it's number one on my wish list.

As for the Soldiers & Diplomats source book its about time that this too long neglected aspect of the Star Trek Universe was explored,
    "Those Klingons are up to something, I can feel it in my bones"
    Cmmdr JT Wayland
    Strategic Operations Officer, Starbase 415, Dragomer Sector, Klingon Border, 2372

Talking wowowowow etc

the last time there was a star trek rpg diplomat book was FASA

yay! "robert fox syndrome"

we 're getting lug turned decipher books

Klingons and Maps

Originally posted by Cochrane
    I'm glad they're still going to release a Klingon book.
    I am absolutely thrilled by the prospect of the Klingon book coming to the light of day! I have been aching to get my hands on this since I played in a LUG Klingon adventure (using a draft copy of the LUG book) at Origins a few years back. Our party didn't finish the mission, in fact we never made it "out of the bar ", but we all had a great time acting Klingon and starting brawls. Ever since my players have been nagging me to run a Klingon game. Maybe they will at last get what they have been waiting for this Fall!

Originally posted by Cochrane
    I wonder if they'll have maps. It sounds like if there are maps they will fit with Starcharts. It would be cool to see such a Mirror map.
    If your interested in some star maps you might want to check out Star Trek Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek. I picked it up from Amazon along with Starships. It is full color glossy and has lots of great maps.
    Last edited by MightyCthulhu; 05-09-2003 at 12:52 PM.

Smile

Actually, I meant it sounds like if there are RPG maps they will fit with said Starcharts book, which I do have.