View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nebula Class (Kicked Galaxy Class's Butt last time)

5 17.86%
  • Ambassador Class (This one being the last one ever built)

23 82.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USS Bonaventure - Take 2

USS Bonaventure - Take 2

So i got to talking with Sea Tyger (always a dangerous thing) and we thought ... what about an Ambassador?

But not just any Ambassador, the last Ambassador rolled out by Starfleet.

She has survived the DW and is holding on with all her might.

So the vote goes up again.

Nebula (Which beat the Galaxy Class stupid)

or

Ambassador (Being the last of the line built)

Vote now

Not a fan of either design, but if they are my only choices I'll go with the Nebula.

They are my only choices right?

Ambassador but then I am seriously biased.

We played out the entire lifespan of the original USS Ambassador over a campaign span of 47 years in a FASA game that led to the Gorn and Betazed joining the Federation.

This was played over a six year period and long before they made any definitive statement on the Gorn on TV in the spinoffs.

Traveling around the Federation and the frontiers ate up a good portion of the "game" time but it was still a blast had by all!

Regards,
    CKV.

Isnt the nebula class modular?
    Star Trek: Revelations
    ep: 01x05 Countdown

Go Ambassador

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I'd say go for an Ambassador, a dignified and experienced lady, and for some reason, I see well a Bonaventure being among the last of its kind (although by the end of the Dominion War, a choice between a Nebula and an Ambassador could be akin to deciding between a lady in her late seventies and one in her early eighties trying to determine who is really the most venerable and experienced).

Re: USS Bonaventure - Take 2

Originally posted by AslanC
    But not just any Ambassador, the last Ambassador rolled out by Starfleet.

Out of curiosity, why "the last Ambassador rolled out"? I would imagine there would be others still in service, so is there major significance to being the last one rolled out?

Just curious, since you specifically called that out...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I'd go with the Nebula. More modern design, and you can use all the TNG blueprints and such to reflect the interior, since they're pretty much identical.

And, IMO, the Nebulas just look cooler. Must be that sensor pod on their dorsal side.

Went with Ambassador

Just because it's different. As a stepping stone to the Galaxy-class you can make the Ambassador-class just familiar enough to keep the crew comfortable but different enough to make it exciting.

Plus if you wanted you could go with the cool movie era interiors just to add a little extra spice.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Re: Re: USS Bonaventure - Take 2

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    Out of curiosity, why "the last Ambassador rolled out"? I would imagine there would be others still in service, so is there major significance to being the last one rolled out? Just curious, since you specifically called that out...
    It's like have the last car to roll off the line of a particular production run (say the 68 Corvetter or something) only this was the last one ever built, period.

Dunno why, just seems kinda cool to me

Go with the Ambassador . . . doesn't necessarily have to be the last one out of the shipyard . . . but she has many things going for her.

At the time she was the top of the line . . . with DW upgrades, she still packs a might punch against most opponents, and will still overwhelm any minor pirating group. She will still have those cool Movie Era interiors with a blend of some TNG stuff that they were starting to incorperate leading to an interesting mix match.

But at the same time she has her limitations, and her age that bring her quirks that newer vessels might not have. And you don't want the PCs with to much power . . . but only just enough.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I really like the idea of the PCs being stationed on the last ship of her line...it's the one where the project managers at ASDB had the really wild party on...and the crew were still finding the remnants of that night weeks later... But I digress.

After building a class of ship for so many years, people get attached to the design, and it's always a moment of celebration/reflection/sadness to see the last ever ship pull out of the yards.

I would expect it was that way when they built the last Thunderbird in the mid-90s...or when the last F-104 Starfigher rolled off the assembly line.

It makes the ship special in that way.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    After building a class of ship for so many years, people get attached to the design, and it's always a moment of celebration/reflection/sadness to see the last ever ship pull out of the yards.
    This is my thought process as well

I think the last Ambassador has a real feeling of legacy to her

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I think NBC has already called this election, based on early returns....
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

If you can get by without the Galaxy deckplans, make her an Ambassador. My campaign was set on an early Ambassador with lots of problems, quirks, and HISTORY. Sure, the old Santa Maria had problems, but she was ours. Or maybe we were hers. Anyway, the players were sad to see her stardrive section warped into a Romulan Warbird.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1