Thread: Intrepid Deck Plans

Question Intrepid Deck Plans

Does anyone know if there were any commercial Intrepid deckplans released?

Sadly no. Nor are there likely to be, from what I've heard.

I suspect someone in fandom will take a crack at it one day. I did think about having a go myself, but real life intruded and I never got very far. Well, actually hardly anywhere really.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I doubt that these are real blueprints of the individual decks, but on Owen's site, in the Reference Material Section there is mentioned a product called "Intrepid Class Starship Blueprints and Technical Guide".

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...verse/tech.htm

These probably are just exteriors, though. I think everything else would be so sought after by the fans that these blueprints would be as popular and easily available as those of the Enterprise D.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

I think that's just thw writer's tech guide. I have a copy of that myself.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

A set of deckplans for the Intrepid Class was drawn by a gentleman who goes by the name of Treknophyle, who can be found on the Flare boards from time to time.
    This is the same gentleman who drew the Enterprise A deckplans which were commercially available back around the time of Star Trek VI in a black wallet...i'm sure some of you know the ones I mean.

I was one of a number of proofreaders on the "project" and our function was to look over the plans and feed back on any perceived inconsistency with the Voyager episodes. I seem to remember there was a lot of discussion over the arrangement of Deck 15 following "Good Shepherd".

The plans were laid out on several A3 sheets in full colour with full exterior elevations and specifications, a side view cutaway and then deckplans for each of the 15 decks. I saw the more or less completed plans and they were a knockout. However, Treknophyle couldn't work out how best to distribute these i.e. get them printed to a high enough standard to do justice to the work, and so as far as I know they are still unreleased. he also began work on a set of plans of the Nova Class, of which I saw the first draft layouts, and from what i've seen on the Flare boards, I would guess he's currently working on the deckplans for the Sovereign Class.

I've tried contacting him several times since the Intrepid plans were completed without success and so I've no idea where he's at with being able to do something with these plans .
    If I hear anything, i'll be sure to pass it on.

Regards

Long Tom

Thanks for the info Long Tom.

That's a shame those plans haven't seen the light of day. Even an electronic version would be nice.

I could only imagine! I have a set of the afore mentioned Enterprise-A plans and they were nicly done

Treknophyle was (is) certainly keen to get the plans to reflect as accurately as possible the Intrepid class as seen on screen.

There was much debate about the aforementioned Deck 15 layout, whether you could actually fit the Delta Flyer in the shuttle bay and so on.

I've no doubt the plans will eventually surface and I guarantee i'll be first in line to get a copy or two (my campaign's set on an Intrepid Class as well).

Regards

Long Tom