Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got the Nemesis DVD

Just got the Nemesis DVD

I watched some commentary scenes and the deleted stuff.

Most of the deleted scenes should have been included. There was great stuff in there. We also get to CMDR Martin Madden, the Enterprise's new XO.

I listened to Stuart Braid (the diretcor)'s comments... this guy has no clue of what ST is supposed to be.

Re: Just got the Nemesis DVD

Originally posted by Snake_Plissken
    I listened to Stuart Braid (the diretcor)'s comments... this guy has no clue of what ST is supposed to be.
    ...as evidenced by the film, IMO...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Thanks for the reminder, I had completely forgotten about it. Since I missed it in theaters, I'll rent this one in a week or two.

I haven't heard enough positive about it to buy just cause.

Mine was shipped Monday, hope it gets here soon
    "Alas, not another witty signature shall pass from these fingers for madness has become all too common"

NEMESIS.....Great film.....nuff said!

General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

This is revenge for the UK getting the Aliens book early isn't it.

Nemesis is not released on Region 2 DVD in the UK until August 6th.

We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Question

Snake_Plissken,

So what's your final verdict? Is the NEMESIS DVD worth getting?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I watched it last night for the first. It was better than i expected. Watching the trailer for it made me think save the universe again type story, just save the earth again. GASP No time travel in it. I may buy it on DVD as it has some great scenes in it. I'll give it a 7 out of 10.
    Garet

I bought it yesterday. The first thing that I did was to watch the deleted scenes. And it was the scene with the new XO that made it worth the purchase price. I can't recall where I've seen the actor before, I thought perhaps JAG but I might be wrong.

I give it a 6.5 out of 10 for star trek movies. It was the fight scene that soured the movie for me. To watch Enterprise-E that could stand up to a Borg cube attack but could not withstand the attacks from Scimitar.

Captain Anderson brought up a good point. The Enterprise just about got punked out by the Scimitar, when before it had stood up to a Borg cube.

Then again, there are a couple of counterpoints to address on that issue. (Just opinions though...no disrespect intended. )

I will start a new thread which addresses those points. Captain Anderson, will you join me there? (In my best Shinzon voice)

I'll call the thread....Enterprise E in combat.

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Originally posted by JonA
    This is revenge for the UK getting the Aliens book early isn't it.

Nemesis is not released on Region 2 DVD in the UK until August 6th.

That's strange. On the German Amazon site ( Yeah, I know, I always seem to refer to this site when it comes to release dates. I should really try to convince them paying me for it. ) it says the release date is July 17th.

But the really important thing is, do you believe there will be a Special Edition? Will it simply consist of the movie with the deleted scenes cut in and the usual director's commentary?
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Arrow

Originally posted by Ergi

But the really important thing is, do you believe there will be a Special Edition? Will it simply consist of the movie with the deleted scenes cut in and the usual director's commentary?
    That depends. If they can rewrite the early scene where the Reman easily took control of the Senate and Romulan Government and turn it into a bloody civil war, then the value of the Special Edition would be more appealing.

Right now, that is my hangup because prior to the film I viewed Romulans as worthy adversarial masterminds, but this movie make them look like softies; which is about as worse as the TNG Ferengi, if not more so.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

"Softies?!" Nem made them look like 3rd rate shnooks.

Watched again tonight, wasn't as bad as I remember. Still have a big problem with the Remans taking control of the government so easy, and were the Tal Shiar asleep, to miss a secret base in their sphere of operations? The car chase just has to go. And does anyone really fall for that "the Captain likes to be called by his first name" joke?

I give it a 6.

Of course, the Romulans didn't know anything about Theyleron Radiation, so they had that VERY distinct advantage over them. Especially because it's very hard to detect.

I really do love this movie... it's VERY good, and I enjoy it immensly. And I think that most of the cut scenes were rightfully cut, but I would have liked to see that ending with Madden as the real ending.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Still have a big problem with the Remans taking control of the government so easy
    my feelings tend to go in the same direction but there are a few things we should factor in. The way it seemed to me was that the command fleets (in LUG ROM lore) wanted to overthrow the current government. If I can further use LUG ROM lore, we can theorize that the command fleets feared that the Praetorian Guard and some of the senatorial/coalition fleets would act to preserve the current govt, thus sparking a civil war. So the command fleets enlisted the help of the Remans to act as a balance. Also, maybe the Romulans are not all as 'racist' as faux-canon would led us to believe. Maybe they don't have a problem with having a non-Romulan as Praetor. After all Hitler was Austrian, Napoleon was Corsican and Stalin was Georgian (and apparently had a very bad accent when speaking Russian) Also maybe the Romulans thought, in typical Romulan fashion, they could use Shinzon and then once their common goal accomplished they get rid of him.

Well I know it all sounds far-fetched but I'm just trying to put a spin on things so to make the Romulans look more cunning than they appeared in Nemesis.