Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radagast the Brown

Bummped again, as it is such a nice thing to have.

So, I've been rediscovering my LOTR notes and I'm dusting off my books with the intention of running a short LOTR game sometime this summer with my local gaming group. I went through some of my files on my computer from back in the day, and I found the attached file.

It was going to be part of the revamped Decipher LOTR RPG online effort that Tim Creese and Kieran Yanner and I were trying to get going, but it went nowhere and sort of died once Kieran moved on and no one at Decipher wanted to continue on. Then Decipher gave up the license, and well, we know the rest.

I don't think I made any major changes to the text from the older versions to this version, but maybe you'll like the layout Kieran put together for it. I think it's pretty sexy, myself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, well done that one
    Thanks for sharing and good luck with your new LotR adventure. Let's hope you get once again into the setting and end up sharing more and more material with us

Psst . . . Jason,

I'm working on a First Age Sourcebook right now. Unfortunately, the Decipher boards are down, so I can't give you the link to where the sticky threads are.
    Men are weak.
    Elrond for President!
    Vote Peredhel!

Wow that's really nice! Makes me kind of wish I got the LOTR stuff, but then I would be more hard up than I am now LOL
    Ta Muchly

The books can be found for really good prices on eBay, if that's something that interests you.

Green, I have to wonder if the Decipher boards will ever come back. All that information may be lost for good.

I always wavered on LOTR. On the one hand I love the setting, on the other i always worried about the 'following behind the main plot' issues, and creating your own corner is frankly a lot of work! Same problem I had with Starwars> Larger series like Trek and Stargate, were less of a problem as there were so many corners to the universe to go to!
    Ta Muchly

Ineti,

That's fine. I have that stuff on my HD anyway. You didn't think I wouldn't have a back-up, did you?

Anyway, I'm working with HOF to get it published in installments. I have copious notes available, though.
    Men are weak.
    Elrond for President!
    Vote Peredhel!

Ineti,

Hi! How are ya?
    I've noticed that your Radagst pdf has one of the WETA images for the TCG. Do you know where I could get these high resolution images? After a long winter, my friends and I are starting a new LoTR campaing and I'd like to illustrate it with those.

Thanks in advance,
    Aurėndil

I have no idea. That PDF was put together by the folks at Decipher when they had the LOTR license, and they had access to all the high-res images from New Line Cinemas.

I guess you could poke around online to see if anyone's posted high-res pics from the movies? I really don't know.

Hey Ineti,
    Do you have Tim Creese's contact info? I started a Chronicle with Timmy YEARS ago when I was living in his town but have since lost it. I'd like to see if he'd be willing to help out with the Sourcebook Project. He'd been using some of the unreleased material and I'd like to see if he'd be willing to give me a yea or nay on the direction I've taken some things, without breaking the NDA of course (which he wouldn't do anyway).
    Thanks!

I don't have his contact information, sorry!

PM sent.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support