Thread: "Icon did its job, Icon can go"

Unhappy "Icon did its job, Icon can go"

Well, I just read Don's announcement and have to say that this is devestating news. So Icon is officially dead now and has found its resting place. While I feel this to be a negative development it is not surprising. There were not updates to the site for a year now, no submissions were taken and Icon forums were closed. Seeing now that this stuff is taken away from this location is disturbing. So the Star Trek RPG community is now divided up between two locations, 'Memory Icon', which almost sounds like 'rest in peace' (no insult intended ), and Trek RPG.Net, where the 'real' players with a real 'RPG system' are. That is sad.

However I can see the reasons. Don funds this privately (?) and thus wants only the interesting stuff here, one has to make room for new stuff. Due to the personal involvement of those responsible for this site with Decipher's RPG ( which definetely has its good points ) stresses the interest there. I would do so either.

Nevertheless I feel with the Icon stuff removed to a far less wellknown site will make it die out in the near future. I'll probably will stick to it however, even if I am the last Narrator out there with my trusty Icon book in the hand fighting bad guys as they come...
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quiuck point: This has been discussed over two threads already. PLease do a search. Thanks,

-Matt

Just found it, sorry.

You probably better close this thread or delete it entirely.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11