Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signatures ...

Signatures ...

Signatures ...

Anyone care to share the story of their signature?
    Personally I am dying to change mine, except I need till I start 3rd season of Star Trek with my group.

Kind Regards
    Daniel
    Captain Alexandra Polanski
    CO, USS Archangel (flag of 7th Fleet, RRTF operations)

Well, the smiley face is me, and the chevrons are my rank insignia.

Limnadia is the fictional country in the NW USA where I was imprisoned for Air Force PoW training. Until I was locked up, I had no idea how demoralizing it is to lose your freedom. I'm glad I had the training, but I sure don't want to go back and do it again.

So, I adapted a famous Roman senator's quote. He was a hard-core hawk who wanted Carthage laid waste and ended every speech on every topic with the Latin words, "Carthage must be destroyed."
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Well, up until today, I used a prescient quote by Ben Franklin about liberty & security, but I thought the current one particularly telling of most modern governments.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

We've only just had this thread http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...ght=signatures

My signature is explained on there.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Well...my signature's pretty self explanatory. The conversation jab Kirk takes at General Chang in the Officer's Mess of the Enterprise-A. I thought it was appropriate for my forum persona...although I am not as cunning as Chang.

LOL...hell, you oughtta see my signature when I use my martok2112@yahoo.com email.

"You know you're a Harry Potter fan when, upon approaching automated doors at a supermarket, you flourish your hand and incant 'alohamora'!"

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Originally posted by General Chang

"You know you're a Harry Potter fan when, upon approaching automated doors at a supermarket, you flourish your hand and incant 'alohamora'!"

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    LOL
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Mine is just about the Campaign that I am running.

The quote is Sisko talking about the Defiant.

Mine covers what I'd like to see - leadership unity and someone I can respect (unlike a certain Director in the company I work for...).

And it's dramatic
    "Whom do you serve?"
    "The Truth"
    "What is the truth?"
    "That we are one people, with one voice"
    "Will you follow me into fire, will you follow me into dartkness, will you follow me into death?"
    "Yes"
    "Then follow"
    - Dukhat & Delenn, In the Beginning

Morticutor,

Nicely chosen signature. I loved "The Beginning". It was interesting to see how they made some of the actors who are years older than when the show began look years younger.

But that is another thread.

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

My new sig is a quote from an amateur author of the In Nomine RPG. It is the unofficial motto of Laurence, Archangel of the Sword and Commander of the Armies of Heaven.

It also happens to be true, IMHO.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

A quote of wisdom from an enlightened man. My, I should have understood it earlier...

For those not familiar with US sitcoms, Al Bundy (Ed O'Neill, now on 'Dragnet') is the main character of 'Married with Children', an acid critic to the US working man and family.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Mine is one of my favorite lines from Nemesis.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Just a little speculation on what might have happened!

I'm a big fan of the Romulans, as many of you know.

The new addition is originally from Gladiator, but their is a Centurion (Fleet Commander, new rank structure) in my game that it was perfect for.

I just watched the episode where the Narn homeworld gets bombed. I think I may have to appropriate G'Kar's speech...
    "Whom do you serve?"
    "The Truth"
    "What is the truth?"
    "That we are one people, with one voice"
    "Will you follow me into fire, will you follow me into dartkness, will you follow me into death?"
    "Yes"
    "Then follow"
    - Dukhat & Delenn, In the Beginning