Thread: Mirror book

Mirror book

I am not asking for new official information, but what is already known anout the Mirror book, and what do the fans want, and what do they predict?

What was revealed about the unpublished Icon version? Can we glean anything from that about the Coda version?

What I want:
    a long history section
    descriptions of mirror aliens and governments
    descriptions of any differences in ships
    descriptions of mirror versions of worlds
    descriptions of variant mirror universes
    descriptions of ways to travel between the mirror universe and the main Trek universe
    summaries of mirror episodes from tv
    data on mirror characters
    descriptions of mirror equipment
    a map showing boundary differences from those in Starcharts

Talking I hope I hope

I'm hoping this book is better than "Dark Mirror" (boring zzzz), "The Mirror Universe Saga" (the DC comics didn't get good until Scotty's Love Letter) and "Kirk beats the MU with TNG's tiny itsy bitsy help" (Fanfic at its worse).

I never read the one with mirror Troi and 7.

the only Ds9 mirror episode I've seen is when Kira crosses over.

cool!

As long as it includes a very detailed history of the Terran Empire, then I'm there. If it concentrates on the silliness done in DS9 then it will stay on the shelf.

Well, considering that 'The silliness done in DS9' covers 4 episodes, while TOS had but a single (albeit memorable) episode. I guess you will be very, very disapointed.

I on the other hand like the 'Star Wars Rebellion' setup of the DS9 episodes. And so will be happy either way.

The chances are that a Mirror book will cover both however, with info about the TOS era Empire, and the TNG era fall and Rebellion...

So you will just have to scribble over half your book!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I can do that, I suppose.

Oh I'd grab the book anyway (for ideas), But I based my one Mirror adventure on Diane Duane's 'Dark Mirror' novel.

In short: The Terran Empire had not fallen. All races had been crushed under it's boots. The Klingons were slaves. The Romulans were exterminated. The Cardies were exterminated. The Ferengi were treated as animals. And the empire kept grinding on like the juggernaught that it was.
    One small problem. They'd taken over the Galactic arm they were in and it would take 20 years (at least) to cross into the one next door with present warp drive. You can see where this is going....
    So they set their sites on our little dimension and are trying to develop crossing over technology. Nasty nasty nasty idea. And they are all highly competent and completely evil.

This could be fun....
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I like some of the Mirror Universe stuff Shatner did with his "Ashes of Eden" Saga. I'd like to see some of that. I think the ICON (All our Yesterdays?) version was just trying to throw together all the alternate universes (incl. the apparent multiple Mirror Universes) into one tome. I just hope they don't do the mirror universe in Enterprise. Can you see T'pol with a beard?
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Originally posted by Darth Sarcastic
    I just hope they don't do the mirror universe in Enterprise. Can you see T'pol with a beard?
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

I'm eagerly awating this book, because I'll be setting parts of my next campaign in BOTH the "Terran Empire Never Fell" and the "Alliance" Mirrorverses.

Because I hate my players! Damn them all to Hell!

(Hmmm... that gives me an idea for another Mirrorverse to send them into... Damn dirty apes...)
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Originally posted by First of Two
    I'm eagerly awating this book, because I'll be setting parts of my next campaign in BOTH the "Terran Empire Never Fell" and the "Alliance" Mirrorverses.

Because I hate my players! Damn them all to Hell!

(Hmmm... that gives me an idea for another Mirrorverse to send them into... Damn dirty apes...)
    Stop giving me bad ideas, mr. Two!!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....