Thread: point me toward Cardassia!

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!

point me toward Cardassia!

Would anyone like to share a link or two to some good sources (canon is good, speculation is fine) on them narsty Cardassians?

I feel my knowledge of the ol' spoon-heads is lacking, and I'm prepping a game set around when the Feds first encounter them...and no, I can't afford the DS9 DVDs, so re-watching all that is out of the question. Surely there's a quality site or two devoted to them.

Thought I'd ask before I hunker down and sift thru a Google search...
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Cardassian Web Sites eh?

I trust you already have the Cardassian Sourcebook created by members of this very website? (If not, someone post the link, both for Kirok and for Owen so ity can go to Memory ICON)

If so theres;
    The Cardassian Military

Legate Damar, Cardassian Legend

Unfortunatly it seems that the 7th legion has gone the way of all fish...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!
    Cardassian Sourcebook?!?!!
    Where!? Where?! Where!?
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

It can be downloaded from here:

http://anomaly.mushpark.com/thecardies.html

I don't know if this has been corrected in the meantime, but after some discussion on these boards the designer could be persuaded that a new type of Cardassian torpedo can't possibly work the way he believed, if I am not mistaken.
    Anyway, it should be useful.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Originally posted by Ergi
    It can be downloaded from here:

http://anomaly.mushpark.com/thecardies.html

I don't know if this has been corrected in the meantime, but after some discussion on these boards the designer could be persuaded that a new type of Cardassian torpedo can't possibly work the way he believed, if I am not mistaken.
    Anyway, it should be useful.
    That was me. But since when have we ever let real science interfere with our enjoyment of Trek?
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Originally posted by Greg Smith
    That was me. But since when have we ever let real science interfere with our enjoyment of Trek?
    For me the answer is since Dr. Crusher claimed that memories are stored in the form of RNA strands.
    Was that a rethorical question?

The above isn't really true, since I have seen this episode when I was about 14, so I did neither notice nor care, but after having to take classes on this field it seems to me that some weird "scientists" used Star Trek to spread their ideas, after being rejected by every journal around.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Originally posted by Ergi
    For me the answer is since Dr. Crusher claimed that memories are stored in the form of RNA strands.
    Was that a rethorical question?

The above isn't really true, since I have seen this episode when I was about 14, so I did neither notice nor care, but after having to take classes on this field it seems to me that some weird "scientists" used Star Trek to spread their ideas, after being rejected by every journal around.
    I know nothing about this myself, and the whole idea is probably hogwash anyway. But, wasn't she refering to species memory? I know that isn't the right term, but I think you get the picture.

Um. A little off topic perhaps?

Maybe you want to open a thread in General Chat to discuss "When Science FICTION attacks!"
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I have to correct myself. It was Data who said this crap in the first scene following the opening credits of "Violations", season 5, episode 12. (Internet and DVDs are great!) However he was referring to memory in general, nothing heritable.

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Um. A little off topic perhaps?
    Perhaps.

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Maybe you want to open a thread in General Chat to discuss "When Science FICTION attacks!"
    No, I don't.

Please don't ban me! It is not me, it's the endorphines.

IDIC

Wasn't RNA what was extracted from the cells of Picard, Keiko, Ro Laren and Guinan during transport in Rascals? IIRC, Dr Crusher said they had retained their memories and this would only set back their biological chronometres to somewhere before the onset of puberty.