Thread: A cunning plan...

A cunning plan...

With the realese of the FotR sourcebook the LotR rpg is entering a new erea. I think we need an area on the decipher site that is more that just a forum. Somethink more like a network. That will have articles by the autors, multiple forums, updates and reviews on products, and a system that will allow for the posting of new submissions: new ideas, feats, spells, NPCs, etc.

I think swrpgnetwork.com is a good example.

How bout it decipher???

well, i think its very cunning....
    "How come if I'm the protaginist, Lord Aragorn gets two love intrests, and I'm stuck in a sub-plot with DIck Cheney!"
    -Frodo

Decipher has been promising a newly revamped RPG web site with much more support since at least last October (when a friend attended DecipherCon and specifically asked the CEO about it).

Though it seems like the wheels of progress are finally moving, I wouldn't expect to see something anytime soon.

CB

Re: A cunning plan...

Originally posted by Elendur
    How bout it decipher???

well, i think its very cunning....
    And already in the works, for this very site. Decipher might be updating eventually, but our own Don Mappin has said many times that big things are in store for trek-rpg.net.

great!!!

we want a www.lotr-rpg.net
    "How come if I'm the protaginist, Lord Aragorn gets two love intrests, and I'm stuck in a sub-plot with DIck Cheney!"
    -Frodo

http://thelastalliance.com/

Something like the Last Alliance but for the roleplaying game instead of the war game, that would be awesome!

By the way... does anyone think the LotR war game is a good buy? It's $40 for TTT main set which comes with the rules and Rohirrim and Uruk-hai, but then I'm afraid I might just get bored of those and have to buy tons more (and I don't have much money).

I've scavenged the rules off their website and out of the book at Borders, and I actually use them to in other eras. For example, the other week I played a short Gladiator-type game, the combats were fought using the LotR war game rules, and the non-combat things were puzzles like getting out of a pit or solving a riddle and roleplaying things where they had to convince people to do something for them or something like that.

I play either on paper not using minis at all, or using Lego guys, which I have a lot of. I actually made some very neat looking LotR-guys with Legos... the entire Fellowship, a band of Rohirrim, Gondor knights, Rangers of Ithil, Orcs, Uruk-hai, Dunlendings, Southrons, Nazgul on foot, on horseback, and even one on a black steed (definitely the coolest one of all, hehe).