Thread: Dyson Sphere time travel adventure idea

Question Dyson Sphere time travel adventure idea

I'm working on a adventure idea in which Starfleet discovers that the Dyson sphere was actually created in the year 5217 A.D. by as yet unknown race who will later be identified? Anyway the whole station was sent back in time to serve as a sort of intersteller castle in which the the rases of the Milky Way could take shelter during the "Purge" a great war that will take place in the future in the year 3277. Species 8472 will start this war. The only problem is that during the trip back through time something went wrong and the star has become unstable. Well thats all Ive got right now but I'd love to hear what anyone has to say and any suggestions or input along this story line would be interesting to read. Since most of what we know about the Dyson sphere is from "Relics" [TNG] I thought it might be fun to expand on the idea a little. I think it interesting that any race advanced enough to build one of these structures wouldn't really need one. So its purpose might be to isolate those inside the sphere from the rest of the galaxy. But this would lead to the question, why?
    So my idea is this a really powerful race Species 8472 for example, or worse decides to wipe out all life in the galaxy. Lets say for example that the Borg would only be a slight tactical inconvenience to these powerful invaders. So where does that leave the rest of the galaxy? yeah that's right stuck with no place to hide except, the Dyson Sphere. I was thinking the sphere should be involved the same way as Babylon 4 was in the last Shadow War. Only mix it up a little and put a Trek twist on it. With the PC's having scenes similiar to something out of "Armageddon" or "Deep Impact" you know the end of the world disaster flick type thing. Of course at the last minute the heroes figure out a way stop this from happening and some how the Dyson Sphere ends up being in the past lost.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Well, Owen Oulton has a campaign set in the Dyson sphere. he's got some online stuff at his site at :
    http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...elic/relic.htm

i havent looked through it, but i'm thinking there'll be a dyson sphere in my next season.
    Star Trek: Revelations
    ep: 01x05 Countdown

8472 seems popular around the parts today...

Anyway on to what you are asking.

Originally posted by buck rogers
    I'm working on a adventure idea in which Starfleet discovers that the Dyson sphere was actually created in the year 5217 A.D. by as yet unknown race who will later be identified? Anyway the whole station was sent back in time to serve as a sort of intersteller castle in which the the rases of the Milky Way could take shelter during the "Purge" a great war that will take place in the future in the year 3277. Species 8472 will start this war. The only problem is that during the trip back through time something went wrong and the star has become unstable. ....
    Let me see if I understand this. The Sphere was sent back in time, supposedly destined to be in 3277. It ended up in 236X instead? Why was it sent back so much earlier?

It was sent back much farther back then intended on accident. It arrived thousands of years in the past, before it was discovered by Scotty. I'm just throwing in intersting plot points right now I'll explain things later. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about the idea. I wanted to also see if you guys had any suggestions as to the details of the story. Like using say a "Genesis" Protomatter torpedo as a weapon to fight Species 8472. i'm thinking of making this my season finale. The series is called Star Trek: Infinity. named for the PC's ship. I've read Owen's material but I thought of doing something a little different with the sphere.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Do you plan to have a library archive somewhere in the sphere to give the PCs a vision of the future they are to face?

What if, the Sphere actually came from a parallel dimension and was meant for its past and this sets off a chain of events that never would have occurred in the PCs' dimension?

Regards,
    CKV.

Or perhaps the builders of the Dysonsphere are the very ones who start the war (at this time, they are an up and coming race bent on galactic conquest, but learn peace and tolerance after wiping out the rest of the races, thus send back the sphere).

Or maybe, the star itself is sentient (not on a human level, but on a "puppydog" level). And the star actually pulled the sphere from the future and is now "telepathically" calling to the races of the galaxy.

When i use the sphere, it'll be a Borg construction from the future, probably, about 30th century.
    Star Trek: Revelations
    ep: 01x05 Countdown

Cool ideas guys! You have given me some things to think about.