Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FASA's Triangle setting

My plan is to initially produce the reworking as an online resource for my players. However, once that's done it won't be any great effort to convert the files to pdf format so it's available for anyone that wants it. I might make it CODA and ICON compatible, but CODA is kind of my priority at the moment.

The Orion colonies I'm not sure about. I'd need to expand it a bit to be able to fit them in. If nothing else, I'll certainly put in some text about how far away they are and in what direction. The Orion Frontier Merchantile Association Worlds are of course a part of the Triangle (The Turnstile). The time period I'm working on fir this at the moment is 2274 (post TMP) since that's when and where my TMP Lexington campaign and my TMP Trader campaigns are set. That said, I will probably do a 24th century update, to at least cover the changes in borders and the shifting alliances (such as what happened to the IKS, the AOFW, etc) and possibly do a redraw of the map with new borders. But again, this is going to take me a few months.

And yes, once it's all finished, I'd be happy to make the pdf available to the FASA to CODA group. What's the address?

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Here you go, I have some stuff in the file section besure to check it out.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FASAto...yguid=47650994
    Draftsmen in Training

Y'know I must be slow today. I'm already a member.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a revised version of the map semi-ready tonight. I'll try and post some more samples there.

Update:

As I mentioned earlier, the Triangle does not fit well into the Starcharts maps. However, given the wonders of 3 dimensional space, I'm just going to assume much of it lies in a different plane than the maps in Starcharts. I figure that works OK, but feel free to disagree, or if you have a better suggestion feel free I did consider making this a completely different area of space along a different border, and I may still do that. However, in the meantime I've put on a few landmark locations (such as Starbase 24, Rura Penthe and the Azure Nebula). These points aren't noted on the map above, simply because I haven't labelled any of the stars yet. But I will do that fairly soon. Unless of course I decide to shift the whole area to a more workable area of space, which may stil lbe the best option. We'll see.
    Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 06-10-2003 at 11:23 AM.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I'm a little reluctant to keep posting too many large pics on the forum, because I'm not sure if this is likely to be an issue for Don's server. I have posted a new image to the photos section of the FASA to CODA group if anyone is interested.

Very nice Capt!

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Y'know I must be slow today. I'm already a member.

I thought so but heck I wont pass up a chance to advertise the site every once in awhile
    Draftsmen in Training

No harm in that

Well anyone who is interested can find the latest version of my Triangle update map at http://www.ussintrepid.net/Graphics/tri-names3.jpg but be warned, it's about 1.5 mb and 2190x2814 pixels in size.

This version has a fair proportion of the names on it now, though I chose to put the system names on the map, as opposed to the planet names (as in the original map). If people would prefer it the other way, I'd be interested to know.
    Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 06-11-2003 at 01:25 PM.

Putting both on would be great if you could manage it.

Very Very nice work otherwise

I might do two versions, one with the system names, one with the prominent planet names. Putting the planet names on is certainly less hassle than having to look up every planet listing to find out the system name

Do you still have the Triangle map and a way for us to view it?

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Armos View Post
    Do you still have the Triangle map and a way for us to view it?
    After reading through this thread, I'd like to see these maps too. We use a lot of the Triangle material in our series, even though it is a CODA series, and Triangle was a FASA campaign setting.

We started with FASA and I saw no reason to move our Starbase away from the confluence of Klingon, Federation, and Romulan space where it is located just because we changed games.

Wow, this takes me back a bit.

I should still have them buried on a hard drive somewhere. I'll see if I can dredge them up.

I'd like to see it. I always had a feeling that the Triangle's "No Man's Land" vibe is what DS-9 tried to do... and did not.

I had this idea of a post-Undiscovered Country 'DS-9' series where Starfleet and Klingons start to work together -- with Romulan and Orion agents trying to spike their efforts. The edge of the Triangle would be perfect for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Fridge View Post
    I'd like to see it. I always had a feeling that the Triangle's "No Man's Land" vibe is what DS-9 tried to do... and did not.
    DS9 was often described by its creators as the Gunsmoke to TOS and TNG's Wagon Train. A 'No Man's Land' is generally so because no one wants it, or exists in a state of balanced detente between two forces, whereas DS9's wormhole was explicitly a valuable resource.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The name always bugged me. Shouldn't it be 'The Tetrahedron'?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry