Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proudly presenting...LOTR RPG Spell Cards!

*humble bow*

You're welcome, folks. It's great to hear they're being put to good use.

Anyone figure out how to print them onto decent cardstock? My home printer and work printers don't like 60 lb or greater paper, so it's really hard to get these printed off. I can't find a good Avery product or the like to use either.

Not that it matters, really. None of my players are spell-casters.

Spell Cards

What I've done is taken them to Kinko's and had them printed on card stock (in color of course) and then lamenated. We then cut them to size and walla, instant spell books... ;-)

Tharkun

Re: Spell Cards

Originally posted by Tharkun
    What I've done is taken them to Kinko's and had them printed on card stock (in color of course) and then lamenated. We then cut them to size and walla, instant spell books... ;-)

Tharkun
    [McNair]

Sweeet....Jeeesus....

[/ McNair]

Good idea, Tharkun. Kinko's it is!

Do you have any plans to update these for the spells from the new PDF books?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyCthulhu
    Do you have any plans to update these for the spells from the new PDF books?
    Nope; I may add the three spells from Isengard and create a few blank spell cards with a PDF form so that you can type in your own with the same format, but I won't do spell cards for the cards in Paths of the Wise.

Main reason being that you can't really do much with the current spell cards without the core book, and the new spells in POTW are a large part of that document. Someone could get spell cards for nothing and not have to buy POTW. I'd like to encourage people to buy POTW, so I won't do cards.

Hope that makes sense.

Are the cards with the CoreBook spells still available? I can't seem to find the attachment... Anyone?!

They're available on www.halloffire.org, and they were attached to the latest issue of Hall of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti
    They're available on www.halloffire.org, and they were attached to the latest issue of Hall of Fire.

oh my... so they were resting happily on my HD while I posted my note. I'm just skimming through them. Thanks a lot. I kinda seem to have downloaded HoF latest issue without reading throughit properly, a mistake I won't repeat

i cant find a link to and spell cards here just-the obligitory blog

Quote Originally Posted by bond
    i cant find a link to and spell cards here just-the obligitory blog
    Read the rest of the thread. They're available at other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti
    ...I may ... create a few blank spell cards with a PDF form so that you can type in your own with the same format...
    Please do! I love the format!

Ineti,
    I wholeheartedly reflect Cthulu's opinion re: creating a PDF form for the cards. I completely understand your reluctance to do cards for the PotW spells, but since I have PotW, I'd like to do the cards for myself!

Thanks for all your hard work, and if you decide to do a blank PDF form version, I would be more than happy to pay money for it.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I threw this one together this morning; let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ineti,
    Two thumbs-up!
    The only suggestion I would have is this: can you add a scrollbar or somesuch to the Effect section? I was adding the Corrupting Affliction spell (from Hall of Fire #17) just to test it and I ran out of room for the Effects, having to trim the description back (which may be a good thing, in many cases!)

Otherwise, perfect. I'm already scattering copies of this into folders holding all the magicians in my campaign!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron
    The only suggestion I would have is this: can you add a scrollbar or somesuch to the Effect section? I was adding the Corrupting Affliction spell (from Hall of Fire #17) just to test it and I ran out of room for the Effects, having to trim the description back (which may be a good thing, in many cases!)
    Do you use the cards electronically in your game? The reason I didn't add a scroll feature to the effects block is because if you scroll the text, you won't get all of it when you print off the cards.

When I made the spell cards for the core book spells, some of them required significant text-trimming to fit the essentials on the cards...