Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proudly presenting...LOTR RPG Spell Cards!

Proudly presenting...LOTR RPG Spell Cards!

The next release for The Unofficial Lord of the Rings RPG Design Studio, brought to you by myself and Greg Davis, is a set of all 74 official spell cards for Decipher's LOTR RPG.

The spells are arranged six to a landscaped page, in full color (though they print out pretty well in black and white). Each spell specialty has a specific iconic symbol in the upper left corner, and the card is color-coded to specialty as well, hopefully for ease of reference.

Unfortunately, I could find no good Avery office product or the like to use as a template, so you'll need to print these off on paper or cardstock and cut them out yourself.

Hopefully this will be a good tool for Narrators and players alike. Just print the spell cards you need and cut them out to create your own spell 'deck.'

I will probably be willing to do sets for future spells as well, but I need a break from spells. Doing 74 spells in a week fries one's brain.

However, if you ever want a crash course in a game system's magic spells, create spell cards.

Note to Narrators: If you're ever stumped for story ideas, read the spell descriptions. I came up with dozens of story ideas while creating these cards.

Thanks to everyone who offered opinions and ideas during the gestational stages of this project. Your help was greatly appreciated.

Comments and thoughts welcome. If you find any egregious errors or typoes, please let me know. I can fix errors and replace the pages fairly easily.

Here's the first half of the spell cards. (I had to break it into two files due to attachment size restrictions here.)
    Last edited by Ineti; 02-23-2004 at 12:37 PM.

And here's the other half of the spell card collection. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Ineti; 02-23-2004 at 12:37 PM.

Wow, they look great Jim! Another fantastic product to add to our 'stable'!

For printing, I think I'll try it on heavy stock paper with my inkjet (to get the full color) and then use a paper trimmer to get the card sizes right.

Still, at the same time, they'd work well in binder inserts. Odds are, I'll go both ways for completeness sake.

Again, nicely done Jim!

Greg

Important Note

I believe you need to right-click on the link and download the files to your computer. Simply clicking on the link appears to open an error window, at least on my computer.

YMMV

Originally posted by Greg Davis
    Again, nicely done Jim!
    Thanks Greg! I think the hard work paid off on these! And I'm hoping to print them on card stock too, I may have to take them to a print store to do it, though. I don't think my inkjet is up to the challenge.

Thanks again for the good words.

Unhappy

I can't read them.

I tried right-clicking and saving, but when I try to open the file they're corrupted or an unknown file type.

Which Adobe Version did you use?
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Originally posted by Joe Dizzy
    Which Adobe Version did you use?
    Version 5.0.0

If you still can't get them to work, email me and I'll email the files to you. Let me know if you need them zipped or can just receive them as is. The two files together are a little over a meg.

Very impressive! My chronicles don't use magic very much, but if I ever do one that does, the first thing that I'll do is print out these.

I especially like the color coding.

And also, it works fine on my Mac, no problems downloading (just clicked on the link, it downloads it and opens up Preview).

excellent job!

Excellent idea that has been well executed. Thanks.
    www.unfinishedtales.net

'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

Got 'em now.

Very cool.

I have to use these when my LotR game starts again. Which it probably won't for another 3 months, but hey...

"Planning ahead" Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Congratulations, it's a great work! I'm sure my players are gonna love it

Fantastic

I'm going to run to the printer with these tommorow. Great work, and that you agin for putting so much hard work into them just for love of the game. Thank you very much for sharing them!

Gavynn

Re: Fantastic

Originally posted by GavynnAlexander
    Great work, and that you agin for putting so much hard work into them just for love of the game.
    Just for the love of the game? Pssssh. I'm doing it for the glory, the women, the money, and the fame.

Yeah, that's it.