Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earth in Trek. Paradise or Hell?

"Image in the Sand" also established that Sara Sisko had been killed in a hovercar accident when Benjamin Sisko was still a young child.

"I've gotta believe someone's working on the flying car..."

Remember those ads Avery (Benjamin Sisko) Brooks did a few years ago, where he was going on about how it was approaching the year 2000, and, "They said we'd have flying cars by now - I want my flying car!"?

Alright, got a quickie here (yeah right).

In A Piece of the Action, Kirk and Spock are confronted with a car. Neither knew how to drive it, but Kirk was in the driver's seat and Spock makes that classic statement, "I beleive 20th century vehicles incorporated a device known as the clutch. Perhaps one of those pedals."

There was no problem stearing. They understood that one pedal was go and the other stop already, or so it appeared. Perhaps they were just used to automatic transmissions.

A Slightly related statement in concern to this subject:

Does anyone rememebr when Garibaldi (sp) on B5, while still head of Station Security was trying to remake that one Motorcycle.

Well when completely completed by his Mimbari friend, I forget his name, he created it to spec, all except the motor, which burned clean . . . some type of power cell contraption.

Can you imagine that on a '71 Corvette Stingray? I don't think so.

But still . . . modifications would still have to be done so that they meet the VERY strict Emission Laws.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

"Alright, got a quickie here (yeah right).
    In A Piece of the Action, Kirk and Spock are confronted with a car. Neither knew how to drive it, but Kirk was in the driver's seat and Spock makes that classic statement, "I beleive 20th century vehicles incorporated a device known as the clutch. Perhaps one of those pedals."

More to the point, they were confronted with a replica of an early 1930's automobile. Early automobiles used a vastly different system to even today's standard transmission vehicles. Further, they didn't have today's non-slip differentials and other niceties. Take someone who's used to driving a modern automatic and they wouln't even be able to start an old Model T, what with spark retarders, starter button separate from the ignition key, manual choke, et cetera...

Yes, but my point was that they were not wholly unfamiliar with personal vehicles.