View Poll Results: who deserves their own book?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bajorans

7 13.46%
  • Betazoids

1 1.92%
  • Cardassians

15 28.85%
  • Ferengi

6 11.54%
  • Humans

1 1.92%
  • Ocampa

0 0%
  • Talaxians

0 0%
  • Trill

4 7.69%
  • Vulcans

11 21.15%
  • other (specify)

7 13.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more Alien books

more Alien books

Which of these aliens most deserves their own book from Decipher? I am not including Klingons because a Klingon book is planned. I guess they could do a big book with about twenty pages for each Player Guide race. An Aliens volume two the same size as volume one with the same number of races could pretty much wrap up all the races that would logically be considered most important. I came up with a list that seems to cover most of the ones that would reasonably be considered most important plus a few extras, and there's room for more.

Acamarians
    Artelines
    Ba'ku
    Bandi
    Baneans
    Cairn
    Chameloids
    Cherons
    Cytherians
    Debrune
    Denobulans
    Dopterians
    Dosi
    Douwd
    Excalbians
    Exocomps
    Ferengi
    Haakonians
    Harelians
    Hupyrians
    Hur'q
    Iconians
    Karemmans
    Klaestrons
    Krenim
    Kriosians
    Lorillians
    Magna Romans
    Melkots
    Menthar
    Metrons
    Mintakans
    Myleans
    Nagillum
    Novans
    Organians
    Othans
    Palmans
    Promellians
    Pselliads
    R'akaa
    Remans
    Rigellians
    Sheliak
    Son'a
    Talarians
    Tamarians
    Taurhai
    Terabians
    Tkon
    Tzenkethi
    Vapulans
    Voth
    Wadi
    Xindi
    Zalkonians

Re: more Alien books

Some of these aliens would make excellent candidates. A few, however -- Douwd, Organians, Metrons, Excalbians, and Melkot -- probably fall into the same class as the "Q", although not (in every case) as powerful. That's not to say a narrator couldn't make them distinct, nor that good stories can't be told about them -- I just question whether they warrant much beyond what's been said about the Q.

Good candidates, in my view, are the following: Acamarians, Ba'ku, Bandi, Cherons [1], Cytherians, Debrune, Denobulans[*], Ferengi, Hur'q [2], Iconians [3], Krenim, Magna Romans, Menthar [1], Mintakans, Organians [4], Promellians [1], Remans, Sheliak, Son'a, Talarians, Tamarians, Taurhai, Terabians, Tkon [1], Tzenkethi, Wadi, Zalkonians

[1] - Technically, these are dead races, but artifacts of their civilizations may yet remain to cause trouble. Also, information about them may be useful as background for archeological missions.

[2] - Wouldn't these be covered in the forthcoming Klingon book?

[3] - Important points would include their relationship to the Dewan, Dinalli, and Iccobar, as well as whether they're really a dead race or not!

[4] - Mentioned briefly in the "Q" entry.

I think it would be fun to play in ancient times when the Iconians or whoever were still around.

If it isn't obvious, I'm a bit partial to The Borg myself. They've always been a huge villians, and it would be great to see them get their own books. I'd venture to say they're just as popular, if not more so, than Klingons.
    Those who fight and run away...
    Would have never gotten away with that under 2nd Edition rules

Ah, a fuller explanation of the Cardassians would be a lovely sight. I have a grand fondness for the smoothness of Our Man Garak and a deep fascination with/loathing of Gul Dukat.

Cardassian culture needs a fuller explanation, a further development to provide the true joy of the Grey & Boney Ones.

Not to harp, but.....A NEW ROMULAN BOOK WITH UP TO DATE INFO WOULD BE NICE!

Before Last week I would say that the Romulans need their own books. Since I got the DS9 Season 1 DVDs though, I have developed a fascination for the Bajoran culture. I love the Bajorans!

Originally posted by Ramage
    Ah, a fuller explanation of the Cardassians would be a lovely sight. I have a grand fondness for the smoothness of Our Man Garak and a deep fascination with/loathing of Gul Dukat.

Cardassian culture needs a fuller explanation, a further development to provide the true joy of the Grey & Boney Ones.
    Your wish is our command. Thry this: http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...ian+sourcebook
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Originally posted by Phantom
    Not to harp, but.....A NEW ROMULAN BOOK WITH UP TO DATE INFO WOULD BE NICE!

Are you sure? from many, many recent comments you are sure to hate anything that requires Paramounts OK before publication... most of us will be fine, but Should we keep this note on record when all of Nemesis is taken into account in the revived Romulan sourcebook?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

more ideas for expansion

.A 200 to 250 page book all about the five founding Federation races
    .A book covering the races that appear in most of the six (including movies) series (except for the Klingons) : Humans, Romulans, Vulcans, and actually I guess Borg and Ferengi
    .All the major threat races (except the Klingons) : Borg, Cardassians, Dominion, Gorn, Kazon, Nausicaans, Q, Romulans, Suliban, Tholians
    .TOS races: Andorians, Gorn, Horta, Kelvans, Medusans, Orions, Romulans, Talosians, Tellarites, Tholians, Vulcans
    .TNG races: Anticans, Benzites, Betazoids, Bolians, Borg, Bynars, El Auirians, Ligonians, Pakleds, Q, Selay, Zakdorn
    .DS9 races: Bajorans, Breen, Cardassians, Dominion, Trill
    .VOY races: Borg, Hirogen, Kazon, Malons, Ocampa, 8472, Talaxians, Vidiians
    .ENT races: Andorians, Axanar, Nausicaans, Suliban, Tellarites, Vulcans, Denobulans, Xindi
    The same race wouldn't appear in more than one of these books, except for 22nd, 23rd, and 24th century Klingons, Ent and other Vulcans, etc.

Expanded entries would include more of the same, especially physiology, language, names, and eras, plus more on where they can be found, stats for sample characters (from the show, politicians, other famous and historical individuals), possibly homeworld stats, technology.

The above books could include more or less than I mentioned. They could include races not in the existing Aliens book.

Another feature in expanded entries would be relations with other races, such as the other ones in the same book, the five founding Feds, neighboring Feds, races in the same series, neighboring powers.

All those are interesting and I'd really like to have a Romulan , a Klingon and a Cardassian book, but I'll really be happy when those books will have a ferengi brother along them on my shelves.
    Hoping You'll understand all of this

I wouldn't mind seeing something of a "historic" alien book. The Chameloids and the Iconians, for example, would make for some interesting reading, although I'll also admit that the Eugenics War superhumans (like good ol' Khan) would also be nice to see. Otherwise... definitely Romulans, Borg and Species 8472.

Pity I don't have Aliens yet... it's ordered through my local bookstore as of four days ago, but their warehouse is out, and has 14 copies on order from Decipher, so there's no telling when I'll get it.
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

Romulan

Borg

Cardassian

Vulcan

Ferengi

I'm guesinng that Romulan will come next considering its tradition in the star trek rpg world (FASA and LUG) had one

I don't think you need an alien sourcebook for Vulcans or Romulans as they were thoroughly covered in LUG's sourcebooks & conversions to the CODA system are pretty easy. Maybe Decipher can just do an update, esp. since Nemesis shows Remus to be quite different than what was written in LUG's Romulans boxed set.

I would like to see sourcebooks on the Dominion (which naturally includes the Founders, Jem'hadar & Vorta), the Borg, and Bajorans. I think you can cover pretty much all the major races from the Delta Quadrant in a VOY sourcebook. I think eventually an ENTERPRISE sourcebook would be nice but I would recommend waiting until the series ends, otherwise anything published would be obviously dated.