Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhode Island Deck Plans

Originally posted by IceGiant
    Publius,

I've been thinking about "that" room. What about a reception/special event 'hall" ? Formal meet and greets could be hosted there along with , say music recitals.

And the hall really wouldn't interfere with acces to impulse control.
    Quite true, it also has the merit of not really needing to be noted one way or the other on the plans. Good idea.

Thanks again everyone for input and kind words alike.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Thumbs up

Nice work on the plans. My Illustator skills are no match for yours.

Well, i'm using the plans for the RI. However, i dont think they need the aeroshuttle, so i have re-drawn a few areas of deck 4. (warning, non-canon by quite a bit)

I placed a larger, 10-forward style lounge where the shuttle was, and changed the smaller lounge into a meeting hall/performance area.

i'm attaching the image here, in case anyone else wants to use a nova sans aeroshuttle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Star Trek: Revelations
    ep: 01x05 Countdown

Looks cool. Yeah, I tried to stay as close to canon as possible, there are a few violations here and there (does the door on the left of the bridge lead to a turbolift as some Fact Files suggest? I dunno, but the FF aren't canon and it didn't fit anyways so I decided to get rid of it). I studied what I could from the Equinox episode and used it (they by no means solve the turbolift issue however); but of course there are no doubt huge holes there as well.

What you have here is nicely done and a viable alternative. Myself I'll be using the plans with the Waverider, largely because I think they do kind of need the Waverider (and of course the fact that I spent enough time putting the plans for the darned thing together), but also because I don't think that the extra lounge is absolutely necessary.

p.s. Do you envision the new lounge with "windows" that are on the floor? I think that would be very very cool. The discussions between PCs over the "Starpool" Window would be kind of a neat visual.

Thats a damn cool idea, Publius. Lemme do something....

heres a rough plot of the starpool lounge. narrow bars around two sides, added chairs to the bar up front, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whoaw.
    Great Work.
    I just have made some very rough plans for a small ship I developed, but this quality I will never reach.

Those are some of the most elaborate deck plans I've ever seen.

Excellent work
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Hmm, One of my players noticed that on Deck 6 the chief engineer can't get out of his quarters as his doorway is on the outer hull side. Makes for a long walk to start his shift

Chief Engineers should be able to make their own doors, just hook the thermofraz to the Bovine Scatolometer and voila!

Actually that just means they have to crawl through Jefferies Tubes to get to their room; really, they like it better that way...

Or it could be that I forgot to inverse the room-line. Some of the curved rooms actually go in as brushes and have to be finesed a bit to function. I forgot to finese that one.

Where's the Chief Science Officer's office?
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Simple there isn't one
    The captain and XO get offices and the 2 most senior officers get nice big quarters. After that they start sharing.

The chief science officer can just spread all her stuff throughout all those labs. Biggest office on the ship!
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

These are indeed great plans! They solved my big question in what ship to start my campaign in.
    Are there anywhere the Rhode_Island SpaceDock stats?
    Or the updated Nova stats?

Thijs

Unfortunately no to Rhode Island.
    If you search back far enough there at least 2 threads that dealt with modifying the Nova to more resemble what has been said about and as a possible Dominion war upgrade.