Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rhode Island Deck Plans

great deckplans

wow. these have made me dust off the old trek rpg books.

question: do you have these plans without the red arrows and room labels?

fantastic work - the other stuff on your site is fantastic too.

-matt

Hi,
    Does anyone have the spacedocks stats for the waverider?

Thijs Krijger
    ---------------------

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    WOW,

About the only thing to say really, excellent deck plans.

I'm starting a campaign soon, these will be really useful.

Thanks.
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Thanks Sundowner and Mektor, I just wish I had the time right now to do some more.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Thumbs up Deck 3

First of all, I have to say that these plans are a stroke of Genius. I was trying to do them myself when I saw yours. I threw mine away. There were a couple things that were unclear to me, and I was hoping you could clear up.

1) The yellow areas - Are they jefferies tubes, and if so why so few?

2) On the very front of the ship (nova and refit) there are windows near the nose of what I believe is deck 3, however that is where the Torpedo Magazines are located. Simple mistake in a thing of beauty?

I just want you to know YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Yes, the plans are absolutely marvelous. I wish I had nearly that much ability, and time.

Re: Deck 3

Originally posted by lord_rblade
    1) The yellow areas - Are they jefferies tubes, and if so why so few?
    Yes the yellow areas are jefferies tubes on those decks. Most of the actual jefferies tubes are in between the decks however and not shown at all. Only the vertical and a very few horizontal tubes are shown, most of the tubes are in the spaces between the decks (the first in between decks one and two, the second in between decks three and four etc.) where a lot of the water, power and other utility delivery systems are also located.
    Originally posted by lord_rblade
    2) On the very front of the ship (nova and refit) there are windows near the nose of what I believe is deck 3, however that is where the Torpedo Magazines are located. Simple mistake in a thing of beauty?
    Yep, you are correct about that. It has been so long since I did the plans, I actually don't recall what I was thinking when I did it and whether or not it was deliberate. There are a few places where I departed from the canon/semicanon material (like the MSD, which I did not follow in several spots, the placement of the ). Perhaps I wanted to maintain the multi-deck feel for torpedo launchers in the 24th century ships (maybe) -- otherwise everything for the launchers would be located on a single deck. I did a quick overlay of the windows onto the deck and from the top-down-view they rest right about where the torpedo racks start; of course with the heavy curvature on that deck they could be simply be high-placed windows over the command area.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth