Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhode Island Deck Plans

Rhode Island Deck Plans

The Rhode Island Plans are done.

Finally got some time to finish up a few things on the plans, no doubt I have forgotten something however... let me know.

http://www.digitalindalo.com/rpg/trek/new_design.html

p.s. I did not change the escape pods shown on the plans to the trapezoid shapes, and I probably will not. Think of the drawn components in the plans as hatches to the pods mounted "above" that space.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Holy Sh@t!!!

Those plans f@ckin' rule!!! How long did it take you to do them???
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

:BLINK: :BLINK: :BLINK:

My gawd... You are brilliant

Thank you very much fellas

The only real problem yet is that darned room on Deck One. It has to be something functional, it has a window, and the access for the Impulse Control room on the other side but I have no idea what to put there. One some of my preliminaries, I made it a hard dock area, but that doesn;t fit the canon pics at all and there is the issue of placement to consider as well (hard dock airlocks are best on outer edges that stick out furthest from the ship).

Nooooo, now I have to save them to my hard drive once aggain.
    Seriously, they are as outstanding as before.
    May I ask what changes you have made, except for adding a second version of deck 1?

What programs did you use to make the plans? Looks a lot like Corel, am I right.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Lots of little changes Ergi, cleaning up lines etc., but the most important ones center on the fact that this is the Rhode Island version, which does not have the divot in the nose. I used that extra space to move the Probe Configuration and manual load area to the front of the vessel (it used to be where Configurable Lab 2 is now). Lots of little stuff like that, but again primarily to upgrade it to the RI version.

I use Adobe Illustrator actually, not a fan of Corel or Photoshop. Gives a much cleaner line. The only problem is that it is not really a drawing program, some hybrid of CAD and... something else I dunno. It takes some getting used to, but once finished, the modifcations are much much easier. This is especially true of my Champions characters which I use Illustrator to draw. The plans took me a considerable amount of time the first time. These were done during a period when I had minimal free time so they took a lot longer than they should have overall (plus I have many other projects going at the same time).

[quick edit] Oh yeah, credit where credit is due, Ice Giant suggested the Voyager Bridge for Deck One, fits nicely in there too (turbolift access -- yes!), I actually think that the other bridge is a little too large compared to the studio model, but it looks funny when it is sized smaller.

Thumbs up How much is the down payment?

Getting rid of the secondary deflector sure made putting the probe lab in a good place easier, neh?

Great job!
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

The new links on this page are all local file links.

I hafta agree with Kronok and Aslan. WOW!!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Originally posted by Argyle
    The new links on this page are all local file links.
    %$#@$#@! Frontdumbass Page, ignorant piece of #$@!@# program. That was a cut and paste from the other page for the "new designs' and should have been correct. And of course when I went there and double checked it online, the files loaded up just fine for me because I had them on my hard drive and did not notice where they were loading up from across the bottom of the screen. I am fixing it as I type.

That is the Canon Deckplan page, which also has the Rhode Island Variant (links to the same image). The other page I gave earlier is what I'll be using for new designs as they come up so you don't have to hunt around on the main plan page.

Thanks for the catch Argyle, I didn't know what you were saying there for a second, but I finally caught up.

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Talking

Very nice work, these are excellent!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Publius
    [quick edit] Oh yeah, credit where credit is due, Ice Giant suggested the Voyager Bridge for Deck One, fits nicely in there too (turbolift access -- yes!), I actually think that the other bridge is a little too large compared to the studio model, but it looks funny when it is sized smaller.
    Thank you But it wasn't anything at all. And I atotally agree with everyone else, VERY SWEET PLANS!!

I'll be starting a Post Dominion War game soon (I hope)with the players on one of these.

Plans are AWSOME dude!

Publius,

I've been thinking about "that" room. What about a reception/special event 'hall" ? Formal meet and greets could be hosted there along with , say music recitals.

And the hall really wouldn't interfere with acces to impulse control.

Originally posted by Publius
    %$#@$#@! Frontdumbass Page, ignorant piece of #$@!@# program.
    Heh! Happy to be of help.