Thread: Modifiers for Eugenics Humans?

Modifiers for Eugenics Humans?

What would be the stat modifiers for a super human produced during the Eugenics war? Looking at Khan alone, one could easily assign a +4 to his Strength, and a +3 to his intellect. Does any one have any ideas on what the other modifiers, if any should be? (As well as any bonuses or Edges they would get.)
    Those who fight and run away...
    Would have never gotten away with that under 2nd Edition rules

As a matter of fact, I gave it a shot here a while back. It met with mixed response; judging from your expectations of Khan Singh, it might not meet with your approval either, but they're there anyway.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

One thing you have to be careful about when trying to find out racial or, in this case, genetic attribute modifiers is not to make your judgements based on only one individual. Yes, Kahn is incredibly strong, but this could also be due to a high basic strength with a smaller attribute modifier. Compare Kahn with the other people from the Botany Bay. He looks much more muscular than everybody else which, I think, supports my view that he gained part of his strength by training. So, maybe +2 to strength and intelligence, and possibly smaller modifiers for the other physical attributes.
    But I think giving Kahn a higher intelligence modifier would be appropriate, if you gave him a flaw explaining his insanity, as well.
    He could have become accepted as leader by his followers due to a new technique used in his creation, that fostered the development of really extraordinary intelligence, however the process was flawed making him mentally instable.
    This could add a little bit of morale to the adventure not to abuse the powers of science.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

I would think vitality would also recieve some kind of bonus as well. Remember Khan's heart stopped more tham once when he was revived.
    Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

I recently incorperated "Dark Angel" into my Star Trek series. The stats for Max were fun to come up with. by the way She's the only size 3 that could hand Khan's ass to him on a silver platter
    The whole "Dark Angel" series outline fits really well in the Star Trek timeline as there isn't to much on Seattle 2020 or a "secret" government black ops project called Manticore in the trek universe. Finally she's cool as hell.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

I really don't think there's anything in the basic attributes that wouldn't get a bonus. These are supposed to be perfect humans, beings that can reach our limits in every aspect. At the very least each stat would have a +1 bonus.

Now, which ones would have more?
    Those who fight and run away...
    Would have never gotten away with that under 2nd Edition rules

What I did for the X-5's is roll their attributes normally than added bonuses to make each attribute 12. Then added up all the bounuses and for each five points added I gave them some a flaw of some kind, such as arogant for Zak, or devotion for Tinga, or Tryptophan dependency for Max so she doesn't get seizures.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Originally posted by PGoodman13
    As a matter of fact, I gave it a shot here a while back. It met with mixed response; judging from your expectations of Khan Singh, it might not meet with your approval either, but they're there anyway.
    I always liked this version. Gets the job done without being overwhelming...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.