Thread: FASA: Character Gen & STIII Sourcebook

FASA: Character Gen & STIII Sourcebook

For old times sake I was looking through my old FASA books at the weekend and came across the revised character generation short form at the back of the Star Trek III Sourcebook. Now, in its day I never actually used this new form, but I dug out my copy of the Officers Manual to see what had changed. I was pretty surprised to find that the charts were virtually indentical (just a couple of cosmetic changes) so does anyone have any idea why FASA suggested replacing the original with this 'revised' form? Was this just padding or am I missing something? It may not matter much now, but I am curious.

I can't be bothered to compare all the skill lists, but the differences I can see are in the Post Academy Experience section (section 8) -

* The Tour assignments typos have been corrected.
    (i.e. Starfleet Academy appearing twice and Constitution class floating off the top of the list; and the minus signs have been added to the column headers).
    * The modifiers for the tour assignment table are listed.

On the other hand the typo in the Officer Efficiency Report table is still there. (10 or less, followed by 1 to 25; should be 11 to 25).
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."