Thread: My Own DS9

My Own DS9

Well Hello agian everyone I am speaking live from Khandahar Afganistan curdosy of the US army the sweetiest smelling army in the world. . I had just bought the first season of DS9 in this country of all places and its been getting my thoughts on Trek again. So I might be coming back around more. plus watching some of the episodes I have some simalarities with my current situation. Well gotta go.
    Some define peace as the absense of war. I rather define it as the prevailance of liberty

Thumbs up

Post soon. Would love to hear your experience and insight if you can relate it to any one DS9 or Star Trek story.

Let's pray this thread will not be hijacked for a political agenda purpose.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Ah . . . nothing like AAFES to bring what the Soldier wants.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

It's pretty cool that you can still get your DS9 fix even when you're halfway around the world.

Keep your head down and come on back to us, and tell us all about your DS9 jones.

Sisko didn't want the assignment. I don't want to be here.
    DS9 was operated by cardassians (a former enemy of the UFP) My base was operated by the Soviets (a former enemy of the US)
    Both Afganistan and Bajor were torn apart by decades of internal war. Much odf the fighting was geurilla vs regular troops. Both set up provisional governments who support aide from an outside superpower. Both populations ar not unanimus (SP) on the issue of wether the Superpowers are there to help stablise or just another invader.

I could go on but I risk getting too perticular and thus getting too political. I hope to avoid such aguement by being general and by not placing a value judgment in anything i have said. I believe I have done such.

Anyway AAFES is great this PX is just as big as the one back home and is the best I have seen in the entire Central theater even the one run by the Airforce in Qatar. So far I have been in Kuwait Qatar and now Afganistan. We are living up to our units nickname "Nomads". Well my 30mins is up got to. share computers more later.
    Some define peace as the absense of war. I rather define it as the prevailance of liberty

Well the BXs at Air Force installations are ran by, lets face it. The Air Farce. Nothing against our fellow servicemembers in the Air Farce, but they are the Air Farce.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

What'd you say, JALU? I couldn't quite hear you over the noise of my flight pay getting deposited into my account.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I have to admit . . . being a PFC is rather . . . well sucky. I mean I make roughly 2.70 and hour before additional pay is added for a 12 hour work day.