Thread: FREE Planetarium software (Customizable and Useful for RPGs)

FREE Planetarium software (Customizable and Useful for RPGs)

Celestia:

Available for PC, Unix, and Mac OS X. Source code packages also available.

Can be customized with actual or fictional astronomical data. Use this to add Vulcan, Andor, and Ferenginar to our galaxy. . . .

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/index.html

Nice . . . Nice

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Thumbs up

This is a amzing piece of kit!

Sir Sig! I reckon you should start plotting where all the Star Trek planets are in relation to Earth and create the planets for them!

or anyone else for that matter!
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

I'm a week away from finishing my Masters in Education - like countless others, I have to wait until the guillotine is coming down on the back of my neck before I can actually motivate myself to get moving at anything more than a crawl - and I spent a good hour and a half last night travelling the galaxy with this thing. The team behind this deserve a big round of applause for having given us a suberb visual tool that we can use to expand the borders of our imaginations, not to mention which it can be customized for personal (i.e., game) purposes.

P.S.: I was gratified to see that the systems containing planets - at least those we've located so far - were included. Just wondering: anybody know if any of these Jovian-type worlds actually been named yet? All of them seem to be simply down as "b".

P.P.S.: Almost forgot: muchos thanks to Ezri's Toy for having let us in on this. Very much appreciated.

Originally posted by D.S.McBride
    I'm a week away from finishing my Masters in Education...
    Hey! Working on mine, as well. One year to go...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Rocks! Thx E'sT!
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

extrasolar planets

I don't think any of the extrasolar planets are going to be given names, unless we find natives and use the native names. There are just too many, and I guess the astronomers don't want to show favoritism to the first of them to be discovered.