Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romulan SRM

Romulan SRM

Hi,
    loving all the Spacedock supplements. (When) Is there going to be a Romulan SRM?

Thijs

As soon as I have the chance to (a) make corrections to the manuscript, and (b) watch ST: Nemesis again and add the new Romulan ships from it to the book.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Originally posted by Steve Long
    As soon as I have the chance to (a) make corrections to the manuscript, and (b) watch ST: Nemesis again and add the new Romulan ships from it to the book.
    In case you're wondering (seeing as how this board has been a bit dead lately), I just want reassure you that we're people out here who are dying to see the Romulan SRM, and I know because we use those supplements in our LUGtrek campaign.
    "We think we've come so far... Torture of heretics, burning of witches - it's all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all over again..."

- Captain Picard, "The Drumhead" (TNG).

Adding my voice to the chorus: What he said. Spacedock rules as the starship combat and construction system of choice in our group, and we await the Romulan sourcebook - and others; I simply cannot wait for that Pakleds supplement - with bated breath.

Originally posted by D.S.McBride
    I simply cannot wait for that Pakleds supplement - with bated breath.
    You sir are in need of some major medical attention!
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanx for the kind words, folx!
    Steve Long

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

They have pills for breath. They are smart. They will make us not smell like meatloaf with green stuff on it. We will smell like parsley in the dew in the springtime. Then we will go fast in new Ford Thunderbird and have dates. Dates with chicks. Hot chicks. Chicks that will appreciate what a man with a Masters in International Banking and impeccable grooming habits can acquire for them if they only consent to undo those buttons and whisper dirty -

What? Did I say that out loud? Dammit, I've betrayed the sacred Pakled oath - the one that spells out in iron-clad terms that we'll die before we reveal our hidden intelligence to the rest of the universe! Centuries of pulling the wool over other species' eyes while we hid in the background and took jobs as trash collecters' underlings, janitors' apprentices, and administrative assistants to the guy who lives behind the dumpster and talks to God...all that hard work ruined just because I shot my mouth off in a weak moment! Our plans for taking over the galaxy - and did you notice how we managed to sneak out from under the Borg's noses because they thought we were too lamebrained even for them? Huh? Didja now? - scarpered as a result of a post made when my ego got the better of me. Sigh. Well, I guess it's back to hunting down and killing all those who even suspect we're anything but the galaxy's intellectual whipping boys...and here I thought I was going to finally get this Christmas off...

P.S.: Still looking to that Romulan sourcebook, Steve.

Without a doubt, the most anticipated one yet for myself and the one supplement to Spacedock that will get almost as much use as Spacedock itself.

Regards,
    CKV.

I want to assist all former speakers and simply can't wait to get the next entry in those fantastic series of supplements.

But I also know that time is most precious those days and I therefore want to give you a gift:

* 12 hours *
    This Coupon can be traded against the mentioned amount of free, undisturbed time at your local Q.

Oh, if only such coupons really existed....
    Steve Long

Indeed,
    awaiting Romulan SRM with great anticipation. The appereance of Romulans in my campaign is on hold (quite inconvenient when playing in the Arteline sector) untill the SRM comes out...

Thijs

You don't need to put your campaign on hold to wait for the Romulan SRM. Unless you're playing an all Romulan campaign (which it doesn't sound like to me), then the ship your players are most likely to run into is the D'deridex class Warbird again and again, and there's a Spacedock template for that ship right at the end of the Starfleet SRM (number 1) on p.174. Just note that Steve is likely to update that in the Romulan SRM (as he did the Galor class in the Cardassian SRM and some of the Klingon ships in the Klingon SRM).

If the D'deridex is not enough, there are also two Romulan spacedock ships in the "Dominion War sourcebook: The Fires of Armageddon" netbook which you can also download for free. Those two are the T'Korex class and D'Gerok class.

That said, I look forward to the Romulan SRM too...
    "We think we've come so far... Torture of heretics, burning of witches - it's all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all over again..."

Originally posted by Siroth
    You don't need to put your campaign on hold to wait for the Romulan SRM. Unless you're playing an all Romulan campaign (which it doesn't sound like to me), then the ship your players are most likely to run into is the D'deridex class Warbird again and again, and there's a Spacedock template for that ship right at the end of the Starfleet SRM (number 1) on p.174. Just note that Steve is likely to update that in the Romulan SRM (as he did the Galor class in the Cardassian SRM and some of the Klingon ships in the Klingon SRM).
    The D'deridex is too powerful to put against a Nova-class.
    I need a smaller Romulan ship (like the D'kazanak-class?) that the Nova (with a few upgrades) would stand a chance against.

If the D'deridex is not enough, there are also two Romulan spacedock ships in the "Dominion War sourcebook: The Fires of Armageddon" netbook which you can also download for free. Those two are the T'Korex class and D'Gerok class.
    He, thanks, missed those (I had the Dominion War Sourcebook colorprinted and bound) .
    Are there somewhere graphics available of these two vessel?

Greetings, Thijs Krijger

I'm not quite sure there are illustrations of these ships, but I have no doubt that Steve had the inspiration from somewhere. I would expect most of the ships we're uncertain about came out of official images in the various tech manuals and so (and which were never more than images in those sources - no descriptions of what those ships were or what they were capable of), but since Spacedock and the SRMs were never published, those references have never been revealed, sadly.

I wish Steve would put references to the sources he based those ships on, but if his choice is between adding those references now or finishing the Romulan SRM, then I'd rather he did the latter...

Instead I'd recommend that you just read the descriptions and then find images you think fit those somewhere on the net.

Incidentally, does anyone know of a site that has already done such of project of assigning images to the ships we don't already know?