Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romulan SRM

http://www.shipschematics.net/

Look around, don't steal lost this sight once before.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I wish Steve would put references to the sources he based those ships on
    The non-canonical ships are pretty much all out of my own fevered li'l brain -- no sources to refer to.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

*grin* And we're looking forward to all the other ones as well to add to my own designs. Must flesh out the Romulan Fleets. *grin*

Regards,
    CKV.

Any news?

Maybe an excerpt to let us continue drooling?

Pleeeeaaaase!

Nope, no news, I'm afraid. I'll let everyone know when there's info to announce.
    Steve Long

Romulan Warbird info

hey Steve,

in your ST Source book(The Ship Recognition manual), you mentioned 6 disruptors and 2 torpedoe launchers, well according to STARTREK.COM, it's mentioned that the Scimitar have twice the firepower as the Standard Warbird, from what i know the Standard warbird is the D'deridex... so 26 Disruptors and 13 torpedoe launchers make sense... information in Starships Decipher book and some other books, claim the D'deridex as a Battleship, well in that case those armaments suited it well, all to said that i wonder if you'll take that in consideration in your Next Romulan Source Book?

nb: the Die is Cast: a torpedoe launcher is seen throught the same location as the Main forward Disruptor canon.

in a TNG episode: we saw a torpedoe launcher under the port command hull(lower wing) in a state of readiness(green glowing), so i assume at least another one is on the other side, that make 3 forward torpedoe launchers to date... for disruptors plenty others have been seen(TNG,DS9,Voyager) but according on your book not mentioned, so maybe it's time to really make a correct weapons schematic on the D'deridex class Romulan Warbird, after all the years we know all about the Federation, but nothing when it's about alien species, only the strict minimum... i really hope you'll take that in consideration... again thanks...

I'm in a hurry to see your next book in my collection...

later...
    Romulans believe their way of life is best; their culture, they feel is superior to all others, and they seek to impose their culture on the rest of the galaxy, at the point of a disruptor if need be.

I base my ship writeups on my own information and research, including reviews of all relevant episodes. While I monitor what relevant websites say, in the end I'd rather make my own decisions, since it's been well-proven that even the "official" sources of information are not always as accurate as they should be. I may not be perfect, but I'd rather live with my own mistakes (if I make any) than someone else's.
    Steve Long

Originally posted by Steve Long
    I base my ship writeups on my own information and research, including reviews of all relevant episodes. While I monitor what relevant websites say, in the end I'd rather make my own decisions, since it's been well-proven that even the "official" sources of information are not always as accurate as they should be. I may not be perfect, but I'd rather live with my own mistakes (if I make any) than someone else's.

ok, but what about canon facts that proved what i've said?

btw nice work with your source books. Overall, they are well made... nice to see someone that care for US, the gamers... again you have all my thanks...
    Romulans believe their way of life is best; their culture, they feel is superior to all others, and they seek to impose their culture on the rest of the galaxy, at the point of a disruptor if need be.

Originally posted by Tomalak
    ok, but what about canon facts that proved what i've said?

This issue came up with some other SRM's too (I seem to remember the Cardassian one having similar issues). On the whole it should be remembered that there are a lot of inconsistancies in Trek, and while there may be canon facts to prove a point, there are equally canon facts that dis-prove it.

So its simply a case of trusting Steve's judgement, or following his advice in the intro (Which should be mantra in all RPG products).

To paraphrase.
    "If you dont like something. Take a big red pen and change it."
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

This is less true of the Spacedock Rules than of the Decipher books, but these stats are really just abstractions for the purposes of game ballance. I just watched Nemesis on Saturday and the Scimitar was supposed to have something rediculous like 49 disruptor banks! As hard as you try however you are unlikelly to be able to actually fit that many in to any of the construction rules systems going. So you take that figure with a pinch of salt and ballance up the design. it's still going to pack one heck of a punch all the same, so what's the problem?!
    Ta Muchly

If I believe that a fact is established as canonical, then I use it, no matter how bizarre or unusual it sounds. If two or more canonical facts are inconsistent, I do my best to harmonize them, or I pick the one that makes the most sense to me if that's not possible. I don't "take things with a pinch of salt" or attempt to impose my personal judgment on canonical facts unless there's no way to avoid doing so; that's not the purpose of the books.

Nor am I concerned about "game balance," since I'm trying to provide accurate information about established starships, which aren't necessarily designed with game balance in mind. The Narrator has to figure out what he, personally, wants to do for game balance purposes -- a task that's always necessary when running games in an established setting not created for gaming. Similarly, in the LOTR RPG, Elves are better than Men, regardless of the fact that this is not "balanced," because that's the way things are in Middle-earth.
    Steve Long

Then I'll be curious to see what you do with the Scimitar then!
    Ta Muchly

Hi,
    any update on the Romulan SRM?

Thijs

Thijs Krijger
    ---------------------

Nope. When it's available, I'll certainly let everyone know. Until then, it's safe to assume there's been no movement on the project. There are just too many Hero Games projects keepin' me busy.
    Steve Long

Thumbs up

I think the fact that Steve continues to visit here bodes well for the project. Steve is a great friend of Trek RPGs.

A class act all the way around.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride