Thread: Ship´s Recognition with no photos???

Talking Ship´s Recognition with no photos???

Hello:

I´m Very amazing with the work of Spacedock and the four volumes. áctually, I´m playing the RPG game with the CODA system and, with a little modifications, the documents are very useful and interesting but.....

What about the photografies and/or schemes of the ships??

With the federation´s ships is easy to imagine the ship because we see it in many sites but... With the klingon? or Cardassian??

I´m a Spanish fan and it´s difficult to me to access for good information about these things.

But I don´t mean with this post that your work is bad. Noooo. It´s Great!!! I´m waiting for the Romulan´s Spaceships and I can´t wait more!

I´m trying to say that your work could be superb if you include photos and/or schemes in.

Do you think to review the work?

Can I help you with the Images?

I hope so....

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)
    Commander Salvador Ventura
    U.S.S Isildur

Oooh, that there are no pictures is really sad, but to layout the Ship recognition manuals with nice pics and schematics would be a major pain in the ass.
    And as said the developers have as much time as i have bars of latinum in my pockets.

But to find some decent schematics look at this:
    http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk
    or
    use the multiple sources in the www.

I think the main reason why there are no pictures in the SRMs is that Paramount might not be too happy about someone using their property without authorization.
    A second point is that some of the classes were more or less made up, so no pictures of these vessels exist.

For the on-screen ships however, there are several good sites with nice pictures and additional information. You could also like this one: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/starship_database.htm
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Yeah basically for fed ships you could probably find some pic to use. But For anything else steve made it up to flesh out each races fleets. But there simplt isn't any artwork out there for them.

As several folx have pointed out, there is no art for the ships I made up, nor does SD/the SRMs include Paramount art depicting various ships. On the latter, I'm not willing to go quite that far with copyright violations. On the former, while I'm happy to give SD and the SRMs away to the fans for free, I'm not willing to shell out thousands of dollars of my own money to hire an artist to illustrate the books.

In the end, all I can suggest is... use your imagination.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

But...but...Steve, years of watching television have destroyed our imaginations.

waaaaagghhhh!

Thanks for the books.