Thread: 7/17 Developer Weblog

7/17 Developer Weblog

Check it out here

Corpboy: I'm actually posting it here, that way when it's pushed off the Decipher board in a few weeks we'll still have it here for reference.

Originally posted by Jeff Tidball
    Developer's Weblog

The convention (and vacation) season is upon us and I've spent the last month madly dashing from fire to fire. Nevertheless, I thought I'd squeeze in a minute to write up a little news before I head home to Minneapolis for a family reunion, and from there to GenCon.

I had a great time at Origins, and ran many demonstrations in the Decipher booth. Everyone raved about the Quick-start Adventure we were both running and giving away, and the Tengwar dice were a hit. Unfortunately our "Sword of the Witch-king" adventures did not find their way into the program book, so they were only lightly attended.

My development work for the past few weeks has centered on the Isengard sourcebook, which is finally starting to come together. It ought to be an excellent Narrator resource for the lands and minions of the White Hand, with many chronicle ideas and new crunchy bits. I've also been reading authors' first drafts of Rohan: Among the Horse-lords, which look excellent.

Playtesting on Fields of Battle: The Guide to Barbarians and Warriors has just wrapped up, and you can rest assured that the playtesting process has been no rubber-stamp process. Each and every group's comments are making a concrete contribution to the quality of the LotR RPG supplements, and that will be especially evident when Fields of Battle is released.

Last but not least... GenCon! In a last-minute change in the wake of my demo frenzy at Origins, Decipher's marketing department has elected to bring me to Indy as well. I'm sure I'll see many of you there; look me up at the LotR RPG demo table in the Decipher booth. The four segments of "Sword of the Witch-king" ought to be running in full force at the con; those of you who are interested in previewing the new mass combat rules from Helm's Deep should set your sights on Part III (if you can only choose one), as they will be featured there.

That's all the news that's fit to print today. Be good, you crazy kids!