Thread: Artificial Lifeforms (CODA)

Post Artificial Lifeforms (CODA)

Well, I decided to get busy tonight, to take a break from the Victoriana stuff I'm working on...

Here's the artificial lifeforms stuff I did up for our campaign. It may not be perfect, but hey...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Nice job qerlin!

Making some new Early Life packages to go with these rules is a nifty idea.

qerlin, you are the man!
    Consider these rules added to my campaign. And since I use AI's in my game they will come in handy, thanks.
    4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
    Evil Overlords Survival Guide

There are few problems in the galaxy which cannot be solved by a suitable application of concentrated phaser fire.
    Capt. Coryn Windsabre

I've always preferred photons myself.
    Cmdr. Marcus Aurelius Ferretti

Glad to help , aelius. We have machine intelligence emerging as a major campaign issue. There were no CODA rules, so I got busy. I confess I have some thanks to pass on to mactavish for his work on the ICON rules, which provided me a starting point to work from.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

As I have said to many on the boards, check out the Cyberpunk 2020 rules. They have fine and easily adaptable rules for AI's.
    I have also integrated the unarmed combat rules. I did that before the SOM came out and then integrated the SOM maneuvers in with my kitbash.
    I did much the same with you're AI rules, integrating them in with the Cyberpunk 2020 AI rules. It has worked very well.
    If you can find it, the Rache Bartmoss Brainware Blowout is an especialy useful Cyberpunk 2020 supplement for computers in general.
    4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
    Evil Overlords Survival Guide

There are few problems in the galaxy which cannot be solved by a suitable application of concentrated phaser fire.
    Capt. Coryn Windsabre

I've always preferred photons myself.
    Cmdr. Marcus Aurelius Ferretti