Thread: I thought he'd never leave...

Post I thought he'd never leave...

Hey, Bob Hope's dead at 100. That's a good long haul...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Aw, damn

Rest in peace, sir. If anybody's earned it, you have.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)

Thanks for the Memories...

We've lost a national treasure in Bob Hope. How many entertainers can say they have a Navy ship named after them?

Rest well, Bob; your place in Heaven is most definitely assured.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I loved his old material, particularly his pre-Road films and his old radio material.

Sleep well, Leslie.

Christmas, 1990, King Fahd International Airport, Saudi Arabia. I was there, and so were Bob and his wife. They were a ray of hope and laughter in a dark and gloomy time. Thanks, Bob, and heartfelt sympathies, Mrs Hope.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

He is definatly a natural treasure . . . and thus why we have a USNS named after him, a medal . . . and many other plaques and busts memoralizing him. It is truly a sad day. May we all remember all the smiles, and laughter he gave to our servicemen and women through out the years. We are forever in his debt, and owe him our undying graditude.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Truly a Funny man,

RIP, Mr. Hope