Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King Trailer on theonering.net!

Talking Return of the King Trailer on theonering.net!

Follow the link to get to The One Ring, and then you can download the trailer (if possible; I don't want to know how many thousands of people are trying to download it as well!):

MEGA-MAJOR SPOILERS

http://www.theonering.net/

Warning: Ask your personal shrink before viewing, as side-effects include bulging of eyes, dropping of jaw, sudden fits of longing, and nervous break-downs.

Unhappy

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, but from the notice that you'll see when you get to theonering.net, New Line has taken the trailer off the air... my heartfelt sympathies to all of you who didn't get to see it.

But I'm sure it will be out to see (legally) soon!

Darn, too slow!

Quote from target site:

"UPDATE: New Line Cinema has kindly asked us to remove the links and files with the ROTK trailer, sorry folks!"

But I can wait.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Wow, I'm glad that I was able to grab a copy to stick on my hard drive...not the best copy, but it was cool to see some of the images from RotK. It looks like it'll rock, not that I'm shocked by that or anything!

Greg

If you can send me a copy I would be very greatful.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

http://www.empiremovies.com/movies/l...ng/index.shtml

found it here. it's a bit jerky, but watch able

Obey. Submit. Share And Enjoy.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Thank you. I wasn't overwhelmed by the trailer though.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

I Hope . . .

I have heard rumors of Return of the King being 6 HRS long, and them wanting to cut it down to 3. I pray to God that they do not do that. There has been alot of the books that have been kept out of the previous movies, some very good parts of it IMHO.

For, I would be more then happy to have an intermission, if it ment that I got to see an outstounding movie.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Re: I Hope . . .

Originally posted by JALU3
    I have heard rumors of Return of the King being 6 HRS long, and them wanting to cut it down to 3. I pray to God that they do not do that. There has been alot of the books that have been kept out of the previous movies, some very good parts of it IMHO.

For, I would be more then happy to have an intermission, if it ment that I got to see an outstounding movie.
    I think what you heard are indeed rumors. I mean, 6 hours! Jackson must have known that anything above 3 hours won't be accepted by the cinemas and planned accordingly.
    We had a 15 minutes break in TTT. I watched the first part in an other cinema and they showed the movie in one piece.
    If a movie were to last 6 hours there would have to be a break and that would mean that everybody would try to get to the toilets and I don't think any cinema could handle such a rush.
    Of course I can only speak of Germany or maybe Europe. You Americans seem to think in bigger dimensions.

From everything I have heard, Jackson was contracted to make three 3 hour films by the studio. So, the theatrical release of RotK will be about as long as the other two. And since the Extended versions of FotR, and TTT will only add about 30 mins extra running time RotK will be about 4 hrs on the Xv.

I downloaded it off of Limewire and got a fan made trailler for The Hobbitt... Is this what you guys are talking about?

Anyone else heard the rumors of a super extended boxed set editon of all three movies that is supposed to come out after the extended version of King that will have even MORE cut scenes from all three films worked in? Now that would be too sweet.

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    Anyone else heard the rumors of a super extended boxed set editon of all three movies that is supposed to come out after the extended version of King that will have even MORE cut scenes from all three films worked in? Now that would be too sweet.
    I've heard of it... or at least dreamed of it. I really am not sure if this was hinted at by PJ or somebody, or if it's just wishful thinking on my part. Something about all three of the extended versions together, with even more extended added on to each. Now that would be sweet!

With regards to the ROTK - I think Peter Jackson managed to edit it down to 6 hours (from goodness knows how much content!) . I believe that the cinema version will be much shorter, but it will be at the expense of large numbers of cuts, which Peter is having to think long and hard about. Part of the problem is that ROTK was thicker than both previous books put together, and they missed out chunks of the last book which were to be on this one (shelobs lair I beleive) .

Personally I would like to have the full edited 6 hour version on DVD as at the end of the day I can take a break whenever I want
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by Tobian
    Part of the problem is that ROTK was thicker than both previous books put together, and they missed out chunks of the last book which were to be on this one (shelobs lair I beleive).
    Actually, take away the appendix and it's shorter than either The Fellowship of the Ring or The Two Towers.

Originally posted by Tobian
    Personally I would like to have the full edited 6 hour version on DVD as at the end of the day I can take a break whenever I want
    Any real LotR fan would kill for hours upon hours upon hours of LotR footage! I would have absolutely no problem if each movie were 15 hours long or something.

Of course, I think it's nice to have a short, three-hour version that differs in ways from the books, but then it'd also rock to have a 'as much to the book as possible' version, that was as long as it took.