View Poll Results: What is your favorite videogame genre?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • First Person Shooter (Quake III, UT, HALO..etc)

1 5.56%
  • Adventure games (Tomb Raider series, et al)

1 5.56%
  • Simulations (Wing Commander, X Wing, The Sims,etc)

2 11.11%
  • Survival Horror (Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Clock Tower,etc)

2 11.11%
  • Fighting (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat,etc)

0 0%
  • RPG Turn Based (Final Fantasy, Legend of Dragoon,etc)

4 22.22%
  • RPG Real Time (Parasite Eve II, etc)

0 0%
  • Real Time Strategy (Command and Conquer)

3 16.67%
  • Racing (NASCAR, Gran Turismo, Wipeout,etc)

0 0%
  • Other?

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Videogame Genre

Definitely Role Playing Games (after the time I spent playing Fallout2 and Morrowind).
    Closely followed by Real Time Strategy (WarCraft, Stacraft, Empire Earth), with First Player Shooter (Unreal Tournament) and adventure games (Diablo) not far behind.

I never managed to be interested in sports or simulation games.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

FPS' have to be my favorite, I play Unreal Tournament and Ghost Recon most often (they are -so- fun playing multiplayer with my brothers or dad).

The next two games I play most often are Starcraft (which I play multiplayer over the internet with my friends sometimes) and Escape Velocity Nova (which would be the best game in the universe, period, if only it was massively multiplayer!).

Turn Based vs. Real Time

Point taken, REG

Respectfully,
    General Chang

P.S. Legend of Dragoon had to be one of the most addictively frustrating (and yes I mean it in that order) experiences I've ever had.
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Ooh, Hell, I hadn't realised anyone had asked for Homeworld mods.

Now, let's see..

Sacrifice of Angels (DS9 era and the new verison is VERY shiny)
    http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/trek-hw/

Babylon 5 (Earth Alliacne Civil war,including the Victory and Warlock, yay, as well as the Narn-Centauri war and a few others...)
    http://www.b5mods.com/site/news.htm

Star Wars - an alternate version where the Rebels lost the battle for Endor and are on the run. What really matters though, is that there are custom missions, including one where you get a Super Star Destroyer!
    http://swnr.themaw.net/
    (btw, I just tried the site - no response. So I don't know if it's being funny or taken down or what...)

I also have a Freespace 2 mod (with Collossus and Sathanas models!), but I can't remember where I got those from.

I also had a beta Episode 1 (star wars) mod, but that's on my old machine.

The Wing Commander mod never seemed to work and besides, it was all getting a little silly at this point...
    "Whom do you serve?"
    "The Truth"
    "What is the truth?"
    "That we are one people, with one voice"
    "Will you follow me into fire, will you follow me into dartkness, will you follow me into death?"
    "Yes"
    "Then follow"
    - Dukhat & Delenn, In the Beginning

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Turn based strategy, or, given that I'm usually playing some form of Steel Panthers, turn based tactical. Real time would be nifty & challenging, but when the AI prefers speed over concealment when on the move, ( ) you have to stick to turn based. (Even more so, when you can't just select a chunk of troops & tell them to "go here")
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper