Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ship design begging to be statted

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Nice idea, IG. I did something similar for my T'kairin-class "generational" cruiser (scroll down) in the D'era thread. Of course, the Romulan cruiser was size 8, so I had to add a "unique system" trait just to be able to give the impulse-only "explorer" section atmospheric capability.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I have given the saucer section the ability to enter an atmospher and land. I went with the idea that the saucer section would be used as a mobile laboratory/research lab and the stardrive section would be left in orbit (manned of course) to provide protection and back-up in case anything went wrong.
    That's a great concept; it feels perfect for the design. I just have a question though: how would the saucer section get back into space? Come to think of it, does anyone know how the Intrepid class achieves this?

Impulse engines??

Sorry I couldn't resist

Well I shouldn't have thought it was so much harder than reaching escape velocity. In the couple of episodes we've seen it do it (Voyager) it seems just to have used it's manouvering thrusters to give it a kick and then powers away horizontally (sloped upwards) untill it reaches orbit. I imagine they have to have gravitational dampeners to reduce it's relative mass, but then that system is installed in it's impulse assembly... or they could do what DS( did in it's first episode and simply modulate it's shields correctly to reduce it's effective mass.
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by Snake_Plissken
    That's a great concept; it feels perfect for the design. I just have a question though: how would the saucer section get back into space? Come to think of it, does anyone know how the Intrepid class achieves this?
    Thanks to all on my idea.
    Essentially like a big shuttle. If a shuttle can enter/ leave orbit I don't see why the saucer section couldn't. Voyager does it the same way, they use impulse power to enter and leave the atmosphere (As far as I can remember anyways)

Could someone please "stat" my friend Jason Tinsley's Alexandria-Class shipyards?

Located Here:
    "Star Trek: Hell's-Gate"
    http://www.angelfire.com/ak4/startre...roduction.html
    "We're Starfleet Officers, Mister Kim. 'Weird,' is part of the job."
    - Captain Kathrine Janeway, USS Voyager.

It would be hard to stat using the Decipher rules without some sort of description as to it's size etc. Also, other than Killer Whale's unnoficial station production rules, there aren't any official rules for statting Starbases, as they are on a different scale to starships!
    Ta Muchly

Hell's-Gate Station / Alexandria-Class.

Its basically Empok Nor with S.C.E. refits. The power source & internal layout [dimensions of the station itself, layout of promenade, location & size of Op's] are pretty much the same except its been given different M.S.D. to reflect its new configuration, Starfleet Nemesis-Style LCARS touch-consoles. Its bulkheads, EPS/ODN systems have all been changed to look like the corridors of the ENT-D. Plus some areas have been renovated, reallocating space that used to be old Empok Nor crew/civillian quarters & cargo bay locations to accomodate new A.Q. Alliance Military Operations Conference Room, Starfleet Stellar Cartography & Advanced Starship Design Bureau Labs, Starfleet Academy Classrooms, Cadet Quad Quarters, & pedestrian access points to/from the articulated drydocks for ships mooring in the maintenance berths under the habitat ring section. Redundant Fusion Generators to power everything upto & including Batmobile Armor Replicators. All I need to know is:

- plausible number of decks, weapons, standard crew, etc.
    "We're Starfleet Officers, Mister Kim. 'Weird,' is part of the job."
    - Captain Kathrine Janeway, USS Voyager.

Well the DITL site has most of that information you wanted:

http://www.ditl.org/ships/hedds9.htm

most of which comes from the DS9 technical manual.. Though of course those high numbers of weapons would be somewhat lower on Empok Nor because terok Nor was significantly upgraded during the dominion war and Empok Nor was... a wreck

If by the 'batman armour' you mean the Ablative armour generators seen in End Game in Voyager, I don't think I would touch them with a bargepole as - how would you stat them! You would also have to use a considerable ammount of energy to generate that matrix too!

The DS9 tehcnical manual is full of a swath of information down the matal composite construction of the hull plating and the Defiant stats, if you want more than that.

As for converting it to Decipher rules, it would he hard as they don't have official rules for Spacestations yet.
    Ta Muchly